Thread: Windows 8 drivers for Asus M4M68T-M and audio card

Windows 8 drivers for Asus M4M68T-M and audio card

Right now I am looking for Windows 8 drivers for Asus M4M68T-M motherboard and some of its components. Recently I have installed Windows 8 Consumer Preview in my computer and after that my Asus Audio card as stopped working. I tried Windows 7 drivers but it didn’t help. Do you think that it is possible for me to get drivers by using the Windows 8 update? The audio card is Asus Xonar DX. In the official site I don’t see any Windows 8 version drivers yet. I know that it will not available until the final release of Windows 8 but is there any way around to get this motherboard and audio card work fine using windows generic drivers.

Re: Windows 8 drivers for Asus M4M68T-M and audio card

I think that it would be better if you wait for the Windows 8 to release and then ask the Asus to provide working drivers. Without the final release there is no way that any manufacture or Asus itself migrate to Windows 8. Rather than complaining about the drivers, it would be better if you directly ask them to provide working drivers.

Have you ever tried the sound driver manually install?

Download the Asus drivers for Vista, extract to a folder. Update from the Control Panel and remove the driver manually navigate to the folder. There are folders for each of the Vista 32bit and Vista 64bit. Open the folder and find the question. Inf file. This should be for your Windows and install the complete sound driver. You can also call the particular setup from that folder out.

Re: Windows 8 drivers for Asus M4M68T-M and audio card

The ASUS website only has drivers for Windows Vista and Windows 7 (both 32-bit and 64 bit). The only other option for you to find drivers for your devices to identify each device and then downloading independent drivers for all of these devices by the manufacturer for XP. However there is no way you can find the drivers for motherboard and sound card at Microsoft. This is not their responsibility to make drivers for each and every manufacturer and their components. This job is solely the responsibility of manufacturers. You should personally inquire in Asus to know about when they are going to release compatible drivers for Windows 8.