Thread: High Pitched noise from Headphone when connected to ASUS Rampage Formula

High Pitched noise from Headphone when connected to ASUS Rampage Formula

From the past few weeks this happened with me twice and I don’t know why it happened. Recently I have connected my new headphones to the back of the computer and the settings are PCM 44.1 KHz and options (DSP mode) are Hifi and GX enabled. The problem is when I open any folder or any document; I can hear high pitch eeeeee noise from the head phone. Luckily I wasn’t wearing my headphones and the sound was really loud. It could have blasted my ears. I don’t know whether it is a hardware issue or the software issue but I assume that it has something to do with the driver which is causing this high pitch noise. So far I have experienced this twice and I can’t say how many times it will happen in the future. I assume that it could be resolved. But how?

Re: High Pitched noise from Headphone when connected to ASUS Rampage Formula

The same thing happened with me also and in my case my system is running Windows Vista. The noise was so loud and it could have damaged my headphone because it was too expensive and too sensitive. I wasn’t really about this. First of all I thought that it could have happened due to the faulty connector or motherboard port but same noise came when I connected to the front of the case since it is not directly attached to the motherboard. I really confused now. I looked into the speaker volume mixer. There system sound was set down completely. I think I should check it with another headphone or with additional sound card attached.

I think that it is probably suffering from electronic interference. I don’t know what you can do in this case but I am quite sure that you can do something and more likely some other devices might also be affected by this. You should turn off the speaker or turn down the volume while doing other task on the computer. I should tell you to buy a USB sound card if you still want to listen to music without wheeze. It looks like a small USB stick but with a jack for headphones or speakers. They might work well in your case if you have faulty jack on the motherboard. It is a better option other than buying an additional sound card and installs it on the motherboard. I have no experience with those things, but I know they exist.

Do you think that your headphones draw power from the Pc and do they get hot? I assume that it could be the cause of power transferring to the headphone could be insufficient. Also make sure that you are using the quality headphones. The cheaper sound cards or headphones could interference with the power running through the card or jack.

Are the speakers plugged into one outlet?

Even in this case, the problem may be poor contact. For example, if the mass (the greater length of a conductor jack) is connected correctly, the sound will be weak, low and out of phase on the headphones, which usually results, but according to the -recording by a decrease in volume in the middle position of the scale (on the PC) relative to the extreme settings.

When the microphone input is restored by the speakers of the computer, a high-pitched sound may occur, to be amplified and repeatedly broadcast. To prevent this, the diffusion of the microphone input is disabled by default. You can check the diffusion parameters of the microphone section in Volume Control:
    • Open Volume Control Section using the Start menu
    • The audio feedback can occur when the Mute box is disabled. In this case, the sound captured by the microphone is broadcast directly, especially when the playback volume is high.
    • To change the recording volume of the microphone, adjust the microphone volume in the recording control section and not in the section volume: Click Options, Properties, select Save and select the input devices to configure, then click OK. Control section of the recording, select the corresponding Select microphone.
    • You can now adjust the input volume as needed.

Do you think that the sound you are getting an actual system noise, or is it more like interference? I have heard that some time video cards and hard drives or other components give off electronic noise. It could happen due to the wires that go into your headphone jack. So always have shielded cables. Otherwise it could be magnetic shielding otherwise interference issue. So remove any non-essential electronic devices nearby the headphone. It could be your landphone or mobile phone or any other device which operate on Radio frequency. Did you try with other headphone or speaker? Can you still hear the sound when the system is set to Mute?