Thread: Gateway SX2802-01 SFF desktop PC memory upgrade

Gateway SX2802-01 SFF desktop PC memory upgrade

I am looking forward to buy a Gateway sx2802-01 small form factor (SFF) desktop system. There are 3 things I really liked about this system and those are solid quad-core performance and a sizable HDD, and its whisper quiet. But I have heard that in this system internal updates are limited. This made to put into full of confusion. I am thinking about future upgrade and in that especially primary memory. Do you think that I can add additional memory above 4GB? Are there any additional slots?

Re: Gateway SX2802-01 SFF desktop PC memory upgrade

When I looked in to the specification I came to know that currently it has four memory slots and I think that it is far more enough to add extra memory modules but one thing make sure that it has maximum support up to 8GB total of DDR2 800 MHz SDRAM (dual-channel support on four DIMMs). But I would tell you that other than upgrading the memory it would be better to look for some other peripherals. I think that you should get a Crucial SSD cache memory because it is a fully compatible with this system but you need to remove your optical drive if it is not needed. There is no other way or extra room to install this SSD inside the Gateway sx2802-01.

As far as I know that the Gateway SX2802-01 contains 4 (2 banks of 2) memory expansion slots. A memory bank can be described as a one or more memory expansion sockets or simply a group of sockets. You must fill the bank with same size memory modules and with same type so that the system can properly recognize and address the memory. In this system you have 4 memory slots and they are in 2 banks. So make sure that you are adding memory two pieces at a time with same size and same type. Like this method only the memory ca be upgraded in this system.

The review which I read indicating that this system is a great choice for multimedia enthusiasts. Those who are looking for solid quad-core performance but having limited space and finances this is the best choice which you can look for since it is a small form factor computer. You don’t get much option for upgrade. If you are looking for future upgrade this system is not for you. You might look into space-saving desktop system. When tested this system on PCMark Vantage, the score is about 5,917 feels really good but it doesn’t have any match up with my latest favorite HP Pavilion p6267c-b, which scored a hefty 6500.