Thread: Specifications for ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3

Specifications for ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3

Hello friends, I am going to assemble a new computer and this time I am thinking to use the ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3. So I just wanted to ask that how is this board and what is the specification of this? Is it worth to buy it? If you can post with some information regarding this board then I will be really thankful for that. Please post as soon as possible. I am waiting for the replies.

Re: Specifications for ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3

This board is designed to take advantage of the best Intel Core 2nd generation, the ASRock Z68 Extreme3 is the ultimate solution for Intel Sandy Bridge platform. This comes with the advanced overclocking features and management of integrated graphics cores Intel Graphics HD. With support for Intel Core second generation (Intel Core i3, i5 and Core i7 LGA 1155 package), the motherboard ASRock Extreme3 Z68 allows you to make the machine of your dreams, according to your needs and your budget. This is more efficient and consumes less energy than Intel Core previous generation of Intel Core Socket 1155 that offer better performance per watt and better price / performance ratio. They will form the basis of versatile and scalable multimedia platforms. You will see the latest innovations such as the SATA 6Gb / s and USB 3.0 speeds and transfer rates with your records and discs compatible devices! The ASRock Z68 Extreme3 integrates the best of today's technologies. The card is also equipped with 2 PCI-Express 2.0 x16 compatible mechanical PCI-Express 3.0 16x.

With the management of integrated graphics processor with Intel Core second generation, this motherboard allows you to benefit from a good display for your HD entertainment applications, easily and without using a dedicated graphics card. This is a suitable solution for Media Center PCs and other HD HTPC platform.

This motherboard is incredibly versatile, the motherboard ASRock Z68 Extreme3 you will build a custom PC. Support modes ATI CrossFireX multi-GPU and NVIDIA SLI offers the possibility to realize a high-end configuration Gamer easily with one, two or three graphics cards.

Key Features of ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 is as follows. Just take a look at this and it will help you to make perfect decision.
    • Support for the 2nd generation Intel Core i7 / i5 / i3 on socket 1155 (Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge)
    • Up to 32 GB of DDR3 RAM in Dual Channel
    • Support for Intel graphics controllers Graphics HD 2000/3000 and integrated HDMI output
    • 2 PCI-Express 2.0 x16 mechanical (16x/8x) compatible PCI-Express 16x 3.0 *
    • Multi-GPU Technology ATI CrossFireX and NVIDIA SLI
    • 2-port Serial ATA 6Gbps and 4 ports Serial ATA 3Gbps
    • 2 USB 3.0 ports
    • 8-channel HD audio (7.1) with S / PDIF / THX TruStudio

ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 is compatible with PCI-Express 3.0 next generation. Through the use of electronic components "Quick Switch" PCI-E 3.0 board, the ASRock motherboard is compatible with PCI-Express 3.0 next generation. The PCI-Express 3.0 increases the available bandwidth for graphics cards PCI-E 3.0 and next generation ensures ultimate performance. It also uses ASRock Xfast USB technology. ASRock Xfast USB technology redefines the rules of performance. Once again, ASRock says its status as leader in the motherboard market. The ranges of ASRock motherboards equipped with USB technology ASRock Xfast guarantee the USB transfer rates the highest in the market today. With Lucid Virtu software, systems with Intel Core second generation will be assigned dynamically and in real-time tasks to the best available graphics controller depending on the power, performance and functionality needed. Intel Smart Response technology allows users of all hard disks and SSD to speed up the access time of their HDD using the SSD as a cache hard disk.

This board is having GUI UEFI BIOS. The UEFI for Unified Extensible Firmware Interface is a BIOS utility that offers an innovative ergonomic and intuitive interface. As compared to the older BIOS, many functions have been improved with the arrival of UEFI. Other than this, The software ASRock Extreme Tuning Utility (AXTU) is an all-in-one for adjusting numerous settings including hardware monitoring, fan control, overclocking utilities and OC DNA and IES, all in within a single, intuitive interface. The fan control allows adjustment of the rotational speed and displays the temperatures recorded by the system. The overclocking tool allows adjusting the CPU frequency, ratio and the voltage for optimum performance. With the help of OC DNA, you can save your overclocking profiles to share with your friends. They can then import these profiles in their system to use the same settings as you. Function IES (Intelligent Energy Saver) makes the control voltages depending on processor activity, allowing energy savings without sacrificing performance.

The best part is that it is having the CCO (Combo Cooler Option). The acronym means Combo Cooler Option. This is an exclusive characteristic of ASRock motherboards. CCO provides the flexibility to use different types of radiators kits for processors in LGA775 or LGA1155 / LGA1156 on the same motherboard using the appropriate mounting holes. Once again, ASRock Launches Innovative design and versatility with its system CCO. Other than this THX TruStudio technology is specifically designed to reproduce the sonic experience of a live performance, film or a recording studio on your PC. To enjoy the maximum bandwidth of PCIe Gen 3.0 Mode 3, it is necessary to use an Intel Ivy Bridge. In the case of using a processor like Intel Sandy Bridge, PCIe 3.0 will not work that way PCIe 2.0 (Gen 2).

There are the back four USB 2.0 and two USB 3.0 ports available. There's also an eSATA connectors. Since I am having a keyboard, mouse, joystick, XBOX360 controller, printer and an external burner, I can add any additional device only on the front of my closet fit (not directly on the motherboard). In case of a Crossfire / SLI setup, all PCI slots overlap, creating an extra PCI USB controller connected. Here, this is not an option. However, there is still room for a sound card in a PCIe 2.0 x1 slot. As previously mentioned, there are 2 PCIe 3.0 slots available. These are, however only 3.0 in combination with a compatible processor Ivy Bridge. I myself have a i7 2600k in combination with 2 GTX580's MSI. The onboard sound is of good quality. Surround is well aligned and the volume level is not against. The optical connection works fine. I have my Home Theatre Center optically connected, so I can use when playing music, movies, etc. However, I want my own system is still expanding with a sound card.

The performance of this board is quite good. What is promised in the specifications is actually realized. Overclocking is very simple example, I had never done before, but with a 2600K I had to do a try. It took me just 10 minutes to set to 4.8 ghz, and after a few hours Prime95 stable states with even decent temperatures. Now my CPU is back to normal speed from about 2 weeks without problems, the 4.8 ghz sustained. Performance so I am very satisfied.