Thread: AMD 790GX chipset does not support AData RAM

AMD 790GX chipset does not support AData RAM

I am running ASRock 790GX-Pro with only 2 Ram modules .They are from AData 1333MHz DDR3. But the system always does into BSoD after a while. So now I am using old ripjaws and system runs fine with this. I don’t know why my motherboard does not able to work stable with AData Ram modules. RAM is being approved by ASRock. If I run same RAM modules on other system, they work fine. Any suggestions for this problem.

Re: AMD 790GX chipset does not support AData RAM

790GX chipsets work with the latest model SB750 Southbridge. Each and every one 790GX motherboards have integrated Radeon HD 3300 graphics. This graphics core is based on the RV610 and operates its 40 unified shaders with a clock speed of 700 MHz. If implemented, the side-port memory option from your motherboard manufacturer, the board features additional DDR2 or DDR3 memory. Furthermore, can access the graphics unit for storing image data up to 512 MB of your DDR2 main memory.

I think that you should check into the SPD timings of the ram stick. I assume that SPD timings are 9-9-9-24-33 according to AData specs. See whether they are matching with ripjaws. The chipset specs tell that you can use either DDR2 or DDR3 depending on the type of socket and memory slots mounted on the motherboard.

The 780G 790GX Northbridge communicates via HyperTransport 3.0 with Phenom CPUs. For the graphics output DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort are supported stock. For analog transmission also has a VGA connection. In addition to the system RAM, the integrated graphics unit Radeon HD 3300 in addition to access to the faster side-port memory. The technique is also called Performance Cache. Here, DDR2 or DDR3 chips are used. This is obviously a significant advantage over the relatively slow main memory. In our test motherboard from Gigabyte MA790GP-DS4H 128 MB DDR3 memory as a side-port RAM with 667 MHz are used. The side-port technique is even supported by the predecessor chipset, but there are only very few 780G boards with additional memory.

Sideport memory or Performance Cache is a memory chip can be found in 780GX chipsets and 790GX dedicated high-performance solutions. This technology was born when, due to AMD moved the memory controller of the northbridge to the CPU, memory latencies increased significantly following the mGPU UMA standard. Manufacturers began to complain because of the loss in performance that this entailed, and AMD decided to create this dedicated memory chip.

I have found that there are two paradigms or models of memory access for the IGP: UMA and SidePort.

UMA: Unified Memory Architecture. Architecture used by motherboards with IGP, which is partitioned into a number of system memory dedicated or shared for onboard video. Uses a 128 bit bus, as long as they count on working memory modules in Dual Channel.

SidePort: memory architecture in which the IGP have dedicated memory chip so that the memory access latencies are significantly lower and there is gain in graphics performance. Uses a 64-bit bus.