Thread: Asrock AD2700B-ITX is not compatible with older PCI cards

Asrock AD2700B-ITX is not compatible with older PCI cards

It seems to me that my motherboard having huge type of compatibility issue with different peripherals. The motherboard is Asrock AD2700B-ITX. So far I have installed several old PCI cards but none of them detected or worked in my case. I don’t know whether it is a motherboard issue or BIOS issue. I don’t want to replace this board with other one. Why doesn’t this chipset or mobo hardware is not compatible with older PCI cards? So far I have only tested it with older sound cards. The system is running Windows 7 32 ultimate and motherboard chipset is NM 10 Express

Re: Asrock AD2700B-ITX is not compatible with older PCI cards

I have tested this motherboard with Creative Sound Blaster Audigy PCI sound card and in my case it worked well. However if you are using a M-Audio Audiophile 192 sound card, you have to make sure that you have installed the right driver for Windows 7. In Windows 7 you can test the other drivers in compatibility mode also but it will not work in all situations. However for other card try loading BIOS default settings or flashing BIOS with latest version. Still if you have doubt about the motherboard and PCI cards compatibility, check into the motherboard compatibility list and BIOS release notes to get to know more.

Re: Asrock AD2700B-ITX is not compatible with older PCI cards

Have you find a latest version BIOS for this motherboard? So I far I am able to find only one and that is BIOS 1.10. I don’t know there is a later version than this. If you find one, don’t forget to post it here.