Thread: Asrock z68 Extreme4 Gen3 motherboard showing Error Code: 0x19

Asrock z68 Extreme4 Gen3 motherboard showing Error Code: 0x19

I am getting big problem with motherboard. I am using an Asrock z68 Extreme4 Gen3 in which I have recently installed a new SSD. After installing Windows 7 64bit, I went to install all updates available for this. But latest I planned to update the BIOS. I think here I did a mistake. There was new version of BIOS on the official website.

I downloaded it and right way launched the installer file after closing all the programs. But the computer shows me that BIOS update hath been locked or completely blocked. There was no access to keyboard and mouse. So I forcefully restarted the computer by pressing the restart button over the CPU case. When the system reboots, I didn’t get any video signal over the screen but system does not seems to be booting at all. The motherboard LED was blinking and it indicating that there is an error. When looking into the motherboard manual I came to know that this error code is 19. The description of an error is as follows:
    0x19 Pre-memory South Bridge initialization is started
    I tried the BIOS result but no use. What else I can do?

Re: Asrock z68 Extreme4 Gen3 motherboard showing Error Code: 0x19

It seems to like that there are third party drivers causing the system to crash and not to boot. While searching for this error code information everywhere I got the same thing saying that driver reportedly responsible for this kind of problem. So first make sure to get rid of all dumps. Since you have installed only Window 7 updates, you also have to take a look into the system drivers. Check for their updates on the manufacturer websites. If you cannot fine updated drivers, you can keep on searching on Windows update. Sometimes Windows Generic drivers will help you a lot in these situations.

I assume that it is a BSOD error but in your case the system does not show any BSOD because there is no video signal on the PC. For that reason the motherboard’s LED indicating the Error. Well, try memtest first. I will not going to explain more about this. In my case my windows 7 showed me a following error with BSOD:
    STOP 0x00000019: BAD_POOL_HEADER
    While searching, I found usual cause for this problem and that is all about device drivers. It is a crash on bump files which lists a Pool_Corruption as a cause and this could be the reason of Bad drivers. Old and incompatible drivers can also cause false error codes with Windows 7. If you seen Random stop codes, then it mean that there is a hardware issue.

The error code 0x19 always indicate like this: INT 0x19 - SYSTEM: BOOTSTRAP LOADER and you can only see this error with BSOD. When this error occurs, the system first shows a BSOD and then reboots the system. At this time it does not clear out memory and restores the Interrupt Vector Table (IVT). This error or interrupt usually occurred in BIOS. The bootloader might be out of control. You have to take back the control now. Since your SSD is bootable, then the bootsector will first load at 0x7C00. The next step is INT 0x19 will jump to it and this way it gives all control to the bootloader. If this does not happen automatically, the system throws you this error. One thing you must make sure that the bootloader always loaded at 0x7C00.

Your error seems like very much tedious and much complicated to resolve now because there is BSOD in your case. One more drawback is no video signal, no display and system doesn’t boot. If there is still No video signal, you may need to check the motherboard with only one module installed at a time. Refer motherboard manual to use appropriate and compatible modules. The problem is current timings are out of order and due to this reason, the dump files are reflecting errors. The error could either associated to memory or driver but in your case I am pretty sure that it is about memory because of No video signal.

However in some situations Hardware Exceptions also produce these errors and they are just like Software Exceptions. The processor throws these Exceptions rather than a application or software. So you must stop them from happening. The rare situation for hardware exceptions are switching computer modes, unavailability of Interrupt Vector Table and so on can cause system to crash.

I have read an article on Google saying that few of users with different manufacturer motherboard experienced same kind of error. One user reported he has found culprit of this obscure BSOD. The cause is due to Acronis True Image v9 creating faulty backup images. It happens only when an image create from a SATA hard drive to a different SATA HDD or external USB HDD. Various users reported about the same and I think that it is 100% confirmed now.

What memory you are using? If you are using a single set memory, then it might be possible that motherboard or BIOS itself may not be reading memory modules properly when XMP is enabled. However if there is two sets then XMP won't work I think. So you have only solution is trying to set the memory modules manually first, the base timings to 9-10-9-28, CR to 2T and DRAM voltage to 1.55. If possible VTT to 1.15. If still the same problem, then I don’t have any solution now. Hope I will find them soon. I assume that PSU isn’t the problem in your case.