Thread: ASUS P5B Motherboard seems dead after sleep

ASUS P5B Motherboard seems dead after sleep

My system is having the below specification and the problem that I am facing with the same is that last night I turned off the system and to my surprise when I woke up this morning the system is appearing to be dead now, I really don’t have any idea what went wrong with the same, I have tried starting the computer but then I am not able to get post screen, I am quite aware that the shutdown procedure had went normally and I had not made any Hardware or software components recently as well, I am really running out of ideas and I am not able track out the cause of the issue, I have tried out all the possible solutions by now but then I have not got any luck, is there anyone who can help me out with some workaround to check if it is dead or not.
    • ASUS P5B Motherboard
    • E6300 CPU
    • 1GB Corsair Value Ram (2*512mb)
    • XFX 7600GT GPU
    • 500w PSU

Re: ASUS P5B Motherboard seems dead after sleep

In that case you can try out the below steps and see if they are making any difference or not:
    • First try out the normal method and check inspect if you are getting any beep or not
    • Try resetting the CMOS and if possible then try replace the same ad well
    • Disconnect all the components and mount then again for eg the speaker, ram, connectors etc
    • Try fitting the ram in to different slots and see if the system is booting up properly or not.

Just check out these possible solutions and then let me know the response you get for the same for further help.

Hey thanks for your interest but then I have tried out the Normal startup procedure a no of times and I have found the Fans working fine but then I am not getting any kind of beeps and so, I have tried resetting the cmos and have replaced the same as well but then it did not made any difference in my case. I have tried reseating all the possible components of the system and have tried fitting the ram in different slots as well but then I am still not able to get post screen, I have not tried over clocking the system so far so I don’t think that there should be any issues with the other components but then I think that there is something wrong with the Motherboard, I mean its dead, is there any other solution that I can try out further or I should better get a new Motherboard?

As far as I can guess there would have been a thunderstorm over night and the power spike might have taken out the power supply, anyway to confirm the same you can try out using another or say a new power supply and see if it is helping the motherboard to boot, if not then your board is probably dead, the solution that you have tried so far are enough to confirm the same, I have found some people who had the same case where their motherboard was dead suddenly, so just check it out and see if you are having the same case or not, if yes then you can contact the ASUS support and address the whole issue and check out if they are ready to give you an replacement for the same or not. I think that they should but then I am not sure about the same.