Thread: Is AMD FX-6100 compatible with Asus M5A97?

Is AMD FX-6100 compatible with Asus M5A97?

Hello friends, I am thinking to purchase a new computer and wanted to know something before I go ahead. Planning to go with AMD FX 6-Core Black Edition FX-6100 processor on Asus M5A97, so is it both of things compatible with each other or not. I have seen problem occurring with one of my friend, he is also having same configuration and able to get to Windows loading screen then after that he is getting BSOD (Stop: 0x7B), he have tried many things but nothing is working for me. Really not knowing what is problem with it. So can you please tell me that it is compatible? It will be really helpful for me, thank you.

Re: Is AMD FX-6100 compatible with Asus M5A97?

I am doing plenty of wrong things with it and presently I am using old AM3 processor and updating its BIOS with help 0810 update which is been available on Asus website, after that I have received a HD6950 then also there was no help and working for it. Then I was not having any option to make it working so inserted GT9800 and then was trying to update BIOS then also there was source of light that it is working and it was just giving a red light on motherboard and tell that CPU is not been recognized. I will be try to work it out by adding old 0810 BIOS and check it is been working with it or not. I do think that both of companies should have a word with each other and problem which is been faced by most of users should be solve and major issues are with ASUS M5A 97 motherboard with AMD FX 6100 CPU, will be still trying it so if got any method will let you know about it.

Having ASUS M5A97 EVO motherboard but having AMD FX 4100 CPU. Problem which I am getting is that board is having LED lights for CPU, RAM, BOOT, and VGA and all of them are not on. If you people will be say that to clear CMOS then I have done it several time and also move RAM around such that try to do it one unit at time. Connections are been proper and having some of different GPU then also there is no change in that. I have tried to work it out it on another CPU then also it was giving me problem, I really do not think that there might be problem of BIOS, try all method which was been possible by me and really very much frustrated with it, at present thinking to break it. There is nothing which is update before it will work with FX. I do believe that swapping of CPU will be a good option to do it. Does anyone have any idea about it and is there something which I am doing wrong then please do tell me about it.

When you telling me about then I would suggest that try to do swapping of RAM and check it is working with that or not. If you are having any specific RAM then you better check it out that it is been compatible with FX 4100 CPU or not. Same thing was already happen to me but that was due to processor but that time there were processor for specific motherboard only, this should not happen with it. I would like to tell that you better check that you have connected power supply cord properly on motherboard or not. If that is not connected then it might not working with it, just check it out front panel of board.

I really not know that will be checking it and it is not then will be huge problem. But would like to that I have connected properly and I have power up 24 pin 4/8 and 6 for video card, even also I have done changes ram mods, GPU, PSU and motherboard then also it is showing me same result. I am thinking that CPU is really bad and very much weird. Once I was playing with PC parts then that time I was having problem with me but that was long time ago. Such that it will be far rarer to get 2 ram modules and both of them will be good and till time CPU is been going well then it has to break pin or start it on fire back but that is not same scene over here. Now I am thinking to get one more FX 4100 or to get a 6 core and check that I am able to get some relief with it. If then also it is not helping me then I am seriously throwing motherboard into dustbin, as it is of no use to me.

I think that it might be due to BIOS, try to update, if you are having initial Version 0503 BIOS then I am very much sure that it is problem due to that. I would suggest that you get some other chip and flash BIOS to Version 0705, if you wanted to have higher then you can go for 0810 BIOS but I would recommending you to have non-beta for you. Just go to below link and get it for you.

BIOS for ASUS M5A97

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie f View Post
    I think that it might be due to BIOS, try to update, if you are having initial Version 0503 BIOS then I am very much sure that it is problem due to that. I would suggest that you get some other chip and flash BIOS to Version 0705, if you wanted to have higher then you can go for 0810 BIOS but I would recommending you to have non-beta for you. Just go to below link and get it for you.

BIOS for ASUS M5A97
    What you are trying to say it was been same thing which I thinking to tell first but when you read actually the problem is due to FX chips. If that was same thing which has happen with me then I would definitely gone through same path, but hardly one out of four chips do fit on that socket. I would suggest that better go some new CPU which is working properly on that board and if it is not then try to get some other motherboard, besides that there is no solution which is coming to solve the problem with this particular board and CPU.

I was pretty disturbed but then like I declared before I have never had anything happen with any constructs that I did years back. I’m unequivocally right in intermingle of rates, chances the whole math nighttime itself out. I have viewed this heretofore. And no I was not working following to a mammoth magnet so we would be able to take out that from the pain shooting. Anyway back to the workstation shop. Any tips on strong Motherboard for AMD FX 6100? Wow one more thing might as well I stay far from Loyalist Slam mods? I got the 8GB of Loyalist G2 for the reason that it was supposed to be the AMD release to run with these brand new setups. To be sure fellow's much obliged concerning the tips so far I treasure it.

Forgot to tell one thing that, I am using some other board at present. I actually couldn’t bear to get a load of the ASUS again, so I picked up a MSI 990FXA-GD65. I am well-nigh happy to benefit this board and might about-face to the ASUS all the same. Thinking probably the M5A99 EVO as a substitute, unless you people have a preferable idea, do not be a smart being as how as one I think the idea that I could give is to have another person do this

I am also having problem with FX-6100 on M5A97 motherboard, I am using Bios revision 0705 but it not at helpful for me, whereas ASUS have told that it is been working fine with it. I do believe that all previous BIOS and also 0705 will not be working with FX processors and I also believe that problem is when it is not working and when it is working than it is totally new. Many of people have accept it as their own fault and due to which they remove memory and test it, switch it then the CPU comes out and goes back all the stuff, whenever doing these activity then it can actually do real physical damage to the components. I do believe that ASUS should have accept problem and try to contact AMD and find out which new Processor the FX will work on ASUS mother boards and I expect that BIOS will allow a web connection and a Monitor image which is needed to update.