Thread: Asus P5E3 PRO does not shows up BIOS Screen

Asus P5E3 PRO does not shows up BIOS Screen

I am facing issue with a custom build system which consist of Asus P5E3 PRO motherboard. Other than there is a gpu, a additional pcie card for TV tuner support, a sound card and a psu is connected. I had seen that all stuff is fitted properly and nothing is loose. Later on I verified the connection. Two 500GB Sata drives are connected with 2 DVD roms. Power goes on fine. I had tested and it looks there is no issue with the connection. When I turn the system on it does not shows up anything on the monitor. The cpu fan rolls instead. I had touched the hard drive and that too is spinning. So this means all stuff is active. But no signal on the screen. Everything is new here except the motherboard. The monitor is connected to the graphic card. It is a Nvidia 512Mb gpu and it is also a old card. I tried to turn on and off a number of time to find what can be the cause. But still stucked on the issue where there is no signal output. What I am doing wrong here.

I had assembled a number of systems and this time I am stucked because of a old motherboard. All I can do is remove my brothers motherboard and try to check the processor. What should I do.

Re: Asus P5E3 PRO does not shows up BIOS Screen

What are my assumptions on this is the motherboard is faulty. You said that you upgraded all stuff except the board. Do one thing, one by one remove each and every hardware. Connect the motherboard + hardrive + cpu + ram only. No graphics card or any other pcie card connected on the board. Connect the monitor on VGA port and turn it on. There is a speaker on the board or in the cpu case you have. You must hear a beep sound on boot. This beep sound indicates that all hardware are functioning properly. If this beep sound does not appear then it simply means that the cpu fails to boot. It is not responding at all.

The cause behind is bad motherboard are faulty processor. Anyhow you mentioned nothing about the cpu used in your system. So for troubleshooting stuff you can start trying fixing the cable connectivity first. Check that the cpu is firmly located on the motherboard. There should not be any loose connection. Change the RAM slot. Before changing try to check the edges which should be clear. If still you do not hear a beep sound I advice you to find a proper motherboard and test the cpu and ram on the same.

It is bad we should come on a direct conclusion. For start being with changing the ram slots only and disconnect a few hardware so that the cpu gets full power. Basically bios does not boots up because the motherboard is not at all booting up. The most you can do is check the power source. Carry the same to service center.

Do you have the motherboard manual. If yes then find it and find the jumper settings. It is a good idea to disconnect all the hardware except the ram and cpu. If still it does not boots then I too think your board is dead. You can fix this by updating the bios. To some extent this works. Original bios can be downloaded from the official site along with the procedure to run the update. This is called as flashing bios and is done via floppy drive. But you are lucky that today's bios also support bootable disc. Go on the official website and download Afudos BIOS update tool V2.36. Read the procedure to update bios and run the same.