Thread: Unlocking 4 cores to 6 cores of Phenom II x4 970

Unlocking 4 cores to 6 cores of Phenom II x4 970

Hello friends, I have heard that AMD Phenom II x4 970 is been able to unlock till 6 cores, I do think that it is been possible and I do believe that whatever news is been out is full to fake. What I have seen that it is been possible to happen only on OEM models and also it might be having server processor, so then only it is possible to happen, otherwise it is not. One more thing I have seen it on MSI website that one motherboard is been having feature to unlock 4 core processor to 6 core, I really not know that how it is possible and can anyone tell be what is actually meaning of unlocking 4 core to 6 core, processor which I am using it is not been capable and it is then tell me how I can do it. If you are having any information about it then please do share with me. Thank you.

re: Unlocking 4 cores to 6 cores of Phenom II x4 970

I do not think that Unlocking 4 cores to 6 cores is possible on Phenom II x4 970, but i have seen that it is possible on Phenom II X4 960T, there is one article about which is been told that Phenom II X4 960T is been unlocked till 6 core and that also with help of ASRock's 890FX Deluxe3 motherboard, so if you wanted to try it then you go through that article and check it out that it is been possible to do it or not. Even there is method which is tell that how to turn a Phenom II X3 720 into a Phenom II X4 920 processor, you just search about it and will be getting some of results which will explain method and if you wanted to try it then you can go ahead and try it out for you.

I think that you might be confuse with it and you might have heard that it is possible for Phenom II x4 z970 or z975, but it is not for them it is actually for OEM versions. I would suggest that you better check out CPU support page and along with it is supporting motherboard then you might be getting a rough idea about it. I would like to tell that MSI is having board which is capable of doing it and it having list of CPU which can be done, if you wanted to have a look then better check following link and also if your processor is among them then you can check out result of it, I think that it will be really worth and will get a perfect idea that it is possible or not.

MSI 890FXA-GD65

I would like to tell that there are plenty of people who are purchasing AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition processor, and try to fit it on MSI 890FXA-GD65 motherboard, so they are able to get a higher core, but let me tell you that it is just a duo and AMD is not making duo processor at present, it is making all of quad core and those are been test by AMD itself so which are functioning very well and sell it as duo one. If you thinking to get a processor of two core and also get any unlocking motherboard and believe that you will be getting more 2 cores then it is not at all possible and it is not tested like that, I would suggest that it is better you spend some more money and make a really good and faster computer which will be very much useful. It is not at all possible to get 4 cores when you are paying for 2 cores and if possible that you are getting it then it will be not running as fast as 4 core works.

I would suggest that you better search for AMD K10.5 Core & Cache Unlocking Guide, which is having AMD processor such as Athlon II, Phenom II, & Sempron II and you will be able to get it unlock for yours. If you check it out that then it is been possible to work with AMD Phenom II x2, AMD Athlon II x3, AMD Athlon II x4, AMD Phenom II x3, AMD Phenom II x4 xxxT list. I think that it is worth and you better give a try to it and check it out that it is been helping out or not. That method is been useful for those who wanted to spend on 200$ and getting speed of higher process, if you are also wishing same then better give a try.

I have heard that 970 BE's and 980 BE's series processor are been capable to get unlock to 6 cores. But you better check it out, it is not possible on all, it there for some of 970 BE's and 980 BE's processors only. I would like to tell that when you are doing that then those processor will not be working up to specifications of them and due to which is has disabled the cores. It was not only one core which is not allowing chip to pass. If you are disabling one core then it become tri-core and pass 720 minimum specifications. If you are thinking that it will be defective then it is not. If it is been working then it is not at all defective, such that it is plain and simple. Something was been tried by Intel also some years in past. It was just an assumption that if you are unlocking 4 core and it is been working then it does not mean that it is defective. When same thing was been tested by AMD then it has not pass specification and so they have to disable one core and make it a tri-core. In most of cases 4 cores does work and would like to tell that those are not defective. It might be possibility that it would not clock at the specification core frequency, but when they have lock it at 4 core then it was been working for them. If you take this point then unlocking the 4 core works mostly for 90% of the time if not more.

I do not think that it is worth information. Let me tell you that I have gone through whole explanation when AMD have try it to do this and most of people have told that it is defective. But when I have tried that same thing with 940 then it was been working with it and I was able to get 3.7GHz speed which was really stable. But when I have checked what others CPU are getting it then founded they were having more speed then what it was getting it. I was not able to get higher but chip was able to pass the specification of 940 and due to which it was been released as 940. The chip which have not pass the minimum requirement then those all were names as 720 tri core which were having 1 core locked. If you check this then it does not mean that core is been defective, it actually means that chip have not cleared the minimum requirement. So I would like to say that 4 core works and it is not at all defective.

That can be done any time when you disable a core and also you will be able to clock that particular chip much higher. I would like to tell that I have done it, such that locked 2 cores on 940 and have clocked it till 3.91GHz which is very much stable. I would also like to say that 4 cores not bad it is really worth to have them. If you keep all this thing in mind then I would say that AMD have really made a great strategy, such that wasting those chips they have done all things which is been explained by above user and save plenty of money of the company, I think that company have saved a lot and due to which it is been gone really ahead with help of subpar chips. I have seen that someone have overclock it and hang it with 940 and that too 4 core enabled. I was thinking that if company was able to release chips which were very much near to 940 specifications then they have got a reputation nightmare, but then also I think that making a 720 is really smart thing which they have done it and same thing was done with original Phenoms.