Thread: Getting "INVALID CPU TYPE OR SPEED" error with ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3

Getting "INVALID CPU TYPE OR SPEED" error with ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3

Recently I have build my computer with ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 Motherboard and after that I have Intel Core i7 processor. When I start my computer at that time it boots up for 2 to 3 seconds and then it gets turned off. I don’t get beep when I start my computer. Debugger code shows error which is mentioned in title. I don’t know whether this problem is related to motherboard or CPU. Please help me with this.

Re: Getting "INVALID CPU TYPE OR SPEED" error with ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3

First thing I will suggest you is to try to solve this problem by clearing CMOS in your computer. you have to open your cabinet and then you have to look for jumpers near CMOS battery or near BIOS chip and then you have to short them. Another way to clear CMOS you can try is to turn off your computer and then open cabinet. Now after that you have to remove CMOS battery from your computer and then you have to put it back again. You have to also check whether there is any bent CPU pins on the motherboard because that can also cause this type of problem.

Hello friends I have also having similar type of problem with my computer. In my computer I have ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 Motherboard and processor is Intel Core i5-2400. Whenever I start my computer at that boots but don’t get to POST. I have removed cleared CMOS in my computer but that does not make any difference for me. If anyone have solution for this issue then let me know.

Well friends I was going though from similar type of issue and then I have tried to search solution on internet and there were many users having similar problem which occurs due to bad RAM. After that I have tried different RAM in my computer and then my computer started properly. You should try this trick it might be helpful for you. If that does not help you to fix this problem then you have to also check power supply and then motherboard also.