Thread: Computer wont post with ASRock Extreme3 GEN3 motherboard

Computer wont post with ASRock Extreme3 GEN3 motherboard

This is not the first time I am building a system but then too after I build this one I am unable to make out whats causing the monitor not to get the feeds. My system specification is:
    • CPU: Intel 2500k
    • Mobo: ASRock extreme3 gen 3
    • Ram: G-Data 8 gb ddr3 1600
    • GPU: Gigabyte 1gb 560 ti
    • CPU Cooler- Hyper 212 plus
    • PSU: Corsair 750w Proffesional Series
    • Case: Haf 922

Everything is fixed properly without any issue, even when I turn on the pc all the fan rotates including the CPU fan that is connected to the motherboard. So I am sure that the motherboard is undoubtedly getting power but then whats causing the computer not feeding the monitor.

Re: Computer wont post with ASRock Extreme3 GEN3 motherboard

Even a profession guy who regularly builds a system faces the problem so therefore you having an issue is not a big deal. Anyways coming to your problem are you sure that when you turn on the machine the board get enough power supply and it runs perfectly, if possible just make sure that the led lights on the motherboard is working well. Confirm all the connections of your machine passing to the monitor. Sometimes loose connection tends to be the main cause.

And also confirm the processor you have installed, I mean whether you have intel 2500k or 2550k. if its 2550k then clearly you need a BIOS version of 1.3 or greater than that. In order to get the BIOS revision that is installed on your motherboard you need to find a little square sticker that is placed on the motherboard, just have a look at it and let me know the details.

Yeah I do agree with the above post. First of all better you go through all the list of the connection that you have made. For the BIOS sticker you need to check out the bottom right corner of the flash chip.
    According to me the reason could be due to the BIOS having an IDE that is enabled for SATA. It happened with me once, now if you perform a core boot without the video card surely you will see the posting and everything will be fixed without any issue but in my case I still do not have idea why I never got enough sound out of the system. I cant get the post screen beep too. The sound issue occurred only after I got feeding issue fixed. Later on I was also suggested to reinstall the necessary or all the drivers that were provided to me in the motherboard CD. Not yet tried so cant say whether it helped me out or not but surely I am going to try it and let know the result.

So are you talking about just the post screen beep, I mean is post screen beep the only thing which is not working. If so then let me tell you that this beep actually doesn’t comes from the onboard audio. There’s a small speaker that should have come up with the ASRock motherboard which you have installed. Just let me know whether you are hooking them up from the frontal side or from the back side, hope you know that the asrock mobo simply has an audio port settings that changes depending on the setup you made. Try to connect them either of the side and test, first try it in the front connection and then go for hooking them up at the back side. Also if you have anything other than the speaker that could be connectable then just try it out; connections like headphone, mic, 2.0 speakers etc.

I guess it should be an onboard integrated audio. Motherboard speaker is something that comes up with the motherboard called as motherboard or a case speaker. If I am not mistaken its about 1cm in diameter and is mounted to the motherboard. This is the exact same speaker that actually provides you with the single post beep to let you know the motherboard related parts and other thing are working well and fine. Newegg is the only one I know who sells them, but now a days there are many cases or motherboards that doesn’t comes up with such speakers any more. However for most of the people the case speaker rarely matter.

There is only one audio output that is enabled at a time. Always remember if the speakers on your monitor are properly functional then surely the onboard sound is disabled. You are supposed to get into the sound properties and then change the default output device to the onboard sound.