Thread: Which is the best chipsets between Intel H61, Intel H67, Intel P67 and Intel Z68

Which is the best chipsets between Intel H61, Intel H67, Intel P67 and Intel Z68

guys help me on this , I am looking for the best intel chipsets for my build , now my build is consist of
    1. Intel Core i7-2600 Processor
    2. AMD Radeon HD 6850 graphics

Well I am not looking for the overclock or run the multiple graphics cards also I don’t care about the SSD caching. But I love to have ATX form factor. Please guys help me on selection the best chipset for my build I will be really appreciate this affords

Thanks

Re: Which is the best chipsets between Intel H61, Intel H67, Intel P67 and Intel Z68

• P67: Preferred Intel chipset, the new socket 1155 platform. Overclocking via CPU multiplier can not be used IGP.
    • H67: Excellent chipset for HTPC and users who do not want to overclock and / or want to use the IGP. Overclocking via CPU multiplier is not possible with this chipset.
    • H61: The low-budget version of the H67 chipset. The boards are more effective, but have only 2x DIMM slots. Otherwise the same features of the H67 chipset, according to Intel.
    • Z68: The "greatest" chipset for the Socket 1155 platform. This combines the P67 and H67 chipset. Thus, the overclocking via CPU multiplier and the use of the IGP is possible.

With all chipsets but the automatic overclocking by the turbo mode is possible if more power is required.

Re: Which is the best chipsets between Intel H61, Intel H67, Intel P67 and Intel Z68

The SATA3 interface is always possible on a dedicated chip. I skimmed the H61 boards under miser times and had all the selected maximum 4x SATA2 ports. H67 stands at4x SATA II RAID 0/1/5/10 (H67), 2x SATA 6Gb / s with RAID 0/1/5/10 (H67)

So should the H67 but also SATA3 on the chipset and not come across an extra chip?

When H61 I'm not certain whether a tethered through additional chips SATA3 chip provides as much as a chip on SATA2 tailed

No, the 6-series Intel chipsets do not support native SATA3. That being said as realized by additional chips. The performance of the extra chips is okay, as shown by the results. You can also ask so again in the SSD-forum if you want to go closer to the bottom of the matter. I know has 4x SATA2 H61 and 4x SATA2 and 2 x SATA3 P67/H67/Z68. This is also listed on Intel's website as the product features of the chipsets .the P67 has native SATA3 eg 2 ports. If more than 2 SATA3 ports on the motherboard are present, they can be realized by an extra controller. For the full speed is achieved only through the native ports.

the Z68 meets the requirement for all chipset, overclocking, and includes a technology called virtu which is software that allows use between the video card for heavier work such as games with all the filters and how to navigate lighter , etc. use the integrated video, the H67 has video output, but not for overclocking, the p67 has no video output but it is good for overclocking, the H61 is similar to H67 but no sata ports 3 native. The Z68 is the top line of the socket 1155 chipset, but if you are using separate video card I recommend you go for the P67 chipset. The Z68is more complete , but sometimes you do not need to spend money on something that we will not use, so "the best" is the one that best fits our needs and budget.

Core Intel Sandy Bridge or Second generation makes the choice of this component, the chipset, is more important than ever. The most innovative feature of these processors is the inclusion within the micro-chip graphics card. As you of course if the processor includes this functionality will need to incorporate motherboard and logical connectors for connecting to the monitor. In principle it need not be a problem. Including these 2 components, logic and connectors on the motherboard is not complicated. But what if many users want to use this functionality? Intel decided then that will have several different chipsets. Those who do not use that card can save a few dollars. To roll a little thing Intel released several versions of their processors by adding one letter distinguishes your name. For example in the case of i7-2600

P67: Allows you to overclock but you cannot use the graphics card is integrated.

H67: You can use the integrated card and all its capabilities but you can not overclock.

H61: H67 is similar to but has no native SATA 3 ports

Z68: You can use the 2 features. Also added Intel decided that SSD caching. However as the end of the day are the manufacturers of motherboards include connectors that, you will find 2 versions with this chipset. One with and one without these if you want to use the SSD acceleration but not the integrated graphics card. Furthermore, this chipset supports Intel HD Audio Technology is not improved onboard sound card.

The Z68 chipset is the "premium" for this first generation of processors on socket 1155. Released several months after the launch of sandy bridge, it combines the benefits of P67 and H67, namely the management of the overclock and gpu integrated with sandy bridge. It also integrates more technology "Smart Response" (Use an SSD for faster hard drive) technology and "Lucid Virtu" (allows simultaneous operation of the integrated gpu and an additional graphics card) So the P67 allows overclocking, but prohibits the use of the integrated GPU to Sandy Bridge processors. The H67 allows him to use the integrated GPU, but not overclock (cpu integration of a series 'k' and its improved gpu is possible) The H61 is a version of 'entry level' of H67, minus a few features Support of 10 against 14 USB2 ports on the H67, no SAT 6Gbps, PCIE 6 lines against 8, no raid or function ClearVideo

So if you do not want to overclock you do not need a i5-2500K. There would be enough i7-2600.
    The key feature of H67, is that you can use the integrated graphics processor. But overclocking is not possible.
    The H61 is nothing more than the H67 with only 2 DIMM slots, it is therefore a lot cheaper.
    When P67 is just the opposite, because you can only overclock but do not use graphics unit. However, if you want to use both features, you should wait for the Z68 chipset,