Thread: Suggestion for motherboard that support Ivy Bridge in future

Suggestion for motherboard that support Ivy Bridge in future

hi guys

I was looking to make a build that could support the Ivy Bridge in future, that need to be support

1. Intel i5 2500k
    2. 8 GB ddr3
    3. 500 GB HDD,
    4. 430w PSU,
    5. NZXT Phantom 410 case.

Will be upgrading the dedicated GPU and the SSD, & 16gb ram after sometime . all I need t o know that on the motherboard that z68 chipset at that will compatible with the Ivy Bridge. But I have no idea what to get well I really like to prefer the Asus board but what would be the suggestion . it should be great that it had the z68 chipset. Will be upgrading to the Ivy Bridge mostly wit in the 6 to 8 month. This is what I need on my mobo 6gb/s connectors, SATA 3 , USB 3.0 and the 2 PCI slots with couple of PCIe. I will be looking to spend under $125. Also like to know that does all the generation 3 motherboard is ivy bridge compatible because that will be nice as I am looking for the same

Thanks

Re: Suggestion for motherboard that support Ivy Bridge in future

ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z/GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard will be the best for you supports Intel Core i7 / Core i5 / Core i3 / Pentium / Celeron, Intel Z68, 4-slot DDR3 1333/1600 MHz, VD / NS / NW, micro-ATX . Technology: NVIDIA SLI / CrossfireX AMD / Lucid Logix Virtu. integrates PCI Express 3.0 slot and is equipped with the Z68 Express chipset from Intel. In addition to supporting the UEFI BIOS, thanks to this socket LGA 1155 motherboard will be compatible with future Intel processors Ivy Bridge to 22 nanometers. The Intel chipset driver 12 USB 2.0 ports (8 rear and four on the board). On the rear panel there is a HDMI port. Being ), there are key for power, reset and clear CMOS. At the moment the "standard" model, no-GEN3, is available between 160 and 190 euros.

Like this mobo as well micro-ATX Maximus IV GENE-Z/GEN3 has two PCI Express 3.0 x16, working in x8/x8 mode when both are populated by video cards in SLI or CrossFireX. Besides these we find a PCIe 2.0 x4 slots and four DDR3 memory slots (up to a maximum of 2133 MHz OC). With regard to the power circuitry, we have eight phases for the CPU, four for the integrated GPU and two phases dedicated to the memory. The Z68 chipset operates two ports and four SATA 6 Gbps SATA 3 Gbps ports, which support RAID modes 0, 1, 5, 10. A JMicron JMB362 controller provides two eSATA 3 Gbps. The motherboard is equipped with Gigabit LAN, while the audio codec is a SupremeFX X-Fi 2 to eight channels. A ASMedia controller offers four USB 3.0 (two on back panel and two on the board).

the micro-ATX will be the best and 'handy if you do not need thousand cards for expansion. This card seems good, but I do not think that ever would spend that money for a motherboard. As homes have a LANBOX Lite - Thermaltake (chosen precisely for lan party) and I must say that I have no problem with dissipation in a gtx460, despite the PC is normally placed in an unfortunate place on the corner of the room. And maybe 'slightly' noisier than a middle tower case, but still normal. PS a modular PSU, and 'a must in such a system!

The Maximus IV GENE-Z has a power stage PWM phases 11 provides stability uncommon even in case of extreme overclocking. You can then push your processor to its limits without fear of being limited by the instabilities of a standard motherboard. Well designed motherboard, careful location of the CPU is a bit too low (for those with an impressive ca cooler may interfere with, touch with impressive graphics cards). Management UEFI, well i just a P5QDL, here changes the Life.For a quick summary of almost everything is customizable. I have not touch the CA that should be its great strength, must admit that I seek the silence as the HTPC in the living (while the fan is ULNA mode). Here is a counselor for those seeking an uncompromised MoBo or who seeks seeks an equivalent to the Maximus Extreme Z but cheaper (the only difference, can not do triple SLI, six SATA instead of 8).. It has no PCI 3.0 support but compatible with the Ivy Bridge, and why do you require PCI 3.0 for anyway?

Like to tell you that MSI has recently announced that its board supported the Z68-(G3) and H61 series officially supports Ivy Bridge processors. It only requires a BIOS update is required, which will provide the manufacturer free of charge on its website. With the 22-nm processors, according to MSI is also the new PCI Express 3.0 standard entry in the feature list of the boards. The requirements of the users should be this very small The new BIOS can automatically import on the According to MSI Live Update tool - then the board is equipped with no further changes for Ivy Bridge. H67 and H67 chipsets will also support ivybridge

the Z68 and Z77 also supports H77 SSD caching; Intel calls this technology Smart Response Technology (abbreviated SRT). It is used as an SSD cache (cache). The user can not access the SSD, instead, the system automatically creates data that are often used on the SSD. This allowed in the test with a Z68 board, for example, the Windows startup and invocation of some programs such as Firefox speed up significantly. The older P67 is expected to be the last chip, which can not use the graphics unit in Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge CPUs. In the Z68 chip can be by Virtu technology by Lucid Logix even use the integrated graphics when needed, despite additional built-in graphics card. So you can theoretically in situations where little graphics power is needed to save power. In our first test Virtu Z68 ran but still not perfect. Even the Z77 chip supports Virtu - we are curious whether final Z77 boards with Virtu current drivers, this technique works better and of course report it accordingly.7

the Z77 includes the leopard-point generation chips Z75 and H77. An important advantage is that all three 7s chips natively support the new Ivy Bridge CPUs. Another advantage of the 7-series: The first chips they have an integrated USB 3.0 controller. In all previous Desktop Boards with the Intel chip, an additional controller for USB 3.0 is required. Z77, Z75 and H77 offer four USB 3.0 ports. At least now many USB 3.0 flash drives and external hard drives are suitable for a fair price available, which offer a significant speed advantage over their USB 2.0 counterparts. In addition, only Panther Point chips capable of Ivy-Bridge integrated graphics unit to simultaneously use three displays - at 6-chips will not do.