Thread: Best motherboard to use with Intel Xeon E5-2687W

Best motherboard to use with Intel Xeon E5-2687W

Hello friends, I am posting here to have some suggestion for Intel X79 motherboard which will function well with the ES2 CPU. If you have any suggestion for this then please let me know about that. I was searching for the same on google but that not able to decide the best. Now I am waiting for some good suggestions from here. If you have anything that can be helpful for me then please post that here. I will be thankful for all the replies.

Re: Best motherboard to use with Intel Xeon E5-2687W

I think that the ASUS P9X79 WS will be better option for you to consider. ASUS P9X79 WS is ASUS 'first workstation motherboard based on Intel's X79 chipset. This is impressive at first glance, the six PCI-Express x16 slots that can be found on this board. There are also eight DIMM slots, and many features. Motherboard Asus P9X79 WS comes with 6 PCI-Express and 16x is intended primarily for workstations or PC ultra muscular to accommodate a large number of expansion cards. This is Compatible with Crossfire and SLI technology. You can combine up to 4 graphics cards on this motherboard. Its two RJ-45 Ethernet ports also allow you to transform the motherboard P9X79 WS gateway between two network or increase the reliability and speed of transfer on a single. The PCI-Express 3.0 offers performance doubled compared to the current PCI-Express 2.0. Bandwidth rises now to 32 GB / s, which allows these new ports not to hinder the coming high-end graphics cards. This new format is more backward compatible with PCI-Express 2.0 and 1.0 and your current graphics cards you will be able to deliver their maximum power.

Yes, ASUS P9X79 WS is good to consider but you missed one most important thing. I am talking about DIGI + Power Control. The new technology DIGI + Power Control has three digital controllers, two memory and one for the processor. These controllers allow ultra precise adjustments of the voltage at the processor and memory. This increased precision is a guarantee of stability and consequently a greater margin of performance and overclocking. Technology DIGI + Power Control will enable you to make the most of the power of your memory modules DDR3, indeed controllers offer digital memory two separate outputs for channels AB and CD.

I would suggest you for the ASRock X79 Extreme9. A new high-end product has a printed circuit board (PCB) and black is one of the more expensive platforms LGA 2011 after it debuts in November. The existence of five PCI Express 3.0 x16 slots is the first thing that comes with this. In addition, it also highlights the fact that the CPU socket is connected to eight slots for DDR3 memory. Meanwhile, it also includes eight SATA 6.0 Gbps ports, six of which are supplied by the drivers of two Marvell SATA 6.0 Gbps ports. There are also four SATA 3.0 Gbps connectors. Additionally, ASRock has been able to include eight USB 3.0 (four on the rear panel and four on the top).

The ASRock X79 Extreme9 is one of the first motherboards based on Intel X79 chipset as well as Intel Core i7 processors. The RAM can be upgraded to the X79 Extreme9 eight memory slots up to 64GB DDR3 and supports quad-channel. Other features include five PCIe 3.0 x16 slots with support for 3-way CrossFireX and 3-way SLI. In addition, the X79 Extreme9 via dual Gigabit LAN, FireWire, a high-end Game Blaster sound card with Creative chip, eight-SATA3, four SATA2 ports and two eSATA3 and four USB 3.0 ports.

You must consider the Sabertooth X79. Asus shows its new motherboard based on Intel X79 chipset, the Asus is Sabertooth X79 will come with the socket LGA2011 processors and new Sandybridge-E. The Asus Sabertooth X79 comes with an OOD design in 8 +2 phase VRM Digi +, the chipset heatsinks and VRM assets by using a 40 mm fan, which is a guarantee that the temperature is correct when we get into the world of overclocking. Its connectivity is based on DDR3 memory slots with support for Quad-Channel, a total of four SATA 6.0Gbps ports and four 3.0Gbps ports, two PCI-Express 3.0 to X16, one PCI-Express X16 2.0 to Two PCI-Express 2.0 to X1. The rear panel provides four USB3.0 ports, eSATA, Gigabit Ethernet port, USB 2.0, FireWire and HD Audio 7.1.

I have the Sabertooth x79 mobo an it's by far the best board for this Xeon in single Socket setups, I have a QS sample QB7R 3.1 C0 which is the E5-2687W ! Works like a dream !

Asus is a manufacturer of world-renowned in the IT industry, with a catalog that ranges from monitors, notebooks up to more specific components for the realization of high performance PCs. Taiwanese manufacturer, the Asus was founded in 1989 with the goal to stand out in the field of Consumer Electronics products such as first with hardware, continuing with products for gaming, dedicated to communication, ultimately extending its product range to the business sector. In the field of overclocking and do-it-yourself Asus is appreciated by a wide array of users and the propensity for the reliability of its products, also characterized by exclusive features for successful overclocking, and this makes his products very competitive. Moreover, the highest expression in this regard is represented by the series ROG, but as we shall see Sabertooth x79 is no less.