Thread: Can I use pci-e tv tuner card with Asus e35m1-i deluxe?

Can I use pci-e tv tuner card with Asus e35m1-i deluxe?

Can I use place pci-e tv tuner card on Asus e35m1-i deluxe? Why I am asking this because in the manual it is saying that it is having graphics card only. Let me know if you know anything about the same. also if I am not able to place pci-e tv tuner card on the motherboard then tell me what other options I am having apart from USB. Does usb tv tuners are good for HD? Any comments on the above mentioned topic will be appreciated.

Re: Can I use pci-e tv tuner card with Asus e35m1-i deluxe?

After going through this particular situation I wanted to tell you that pci-e slot is having capability to handle any kind of the pci-e card irrespective of whether it is using whole slot. In my situation I have done RMA the motherboard and they are saying that slot is working with the graphic card. USB tuners does not doing with the motherboard of mine current my system is using Windows 7 x64 media center and I have noticed that analog cable taking couple of seconds while playing and long time to switch channels by using Hauppauge USB.

Recently I have updated my motherboard with latest version of BIOS. After doing appropriate settings from default settings I noticed that PCIe TV tuner was not recognized. After playing with the settings from BIOS setup I found that it was set to use integrated graphics as per primary video device and that why tuner was not detected. So I returned to the default setting that was PCIE Video the tuner begin to detected. In case it does not work for you than you should go for the primary video card setting see that whether PCI-E is enable for the first device. while checking the same make sure that you have inserted TV tuner card on the PCI-E slot.

I was not able to use Terratec Cinergy T PCIe Dual –tuner with this particular motherboard. But after doing following steps I made the thing working for me.
    • You should move to C:\Program Files (x86)\common files\Terratec.
    • And simply copy your folder to Cinergy_T_PCIe_Dual to your desktop.
    • After that simply delete or uninstall all the porgarm associated with tuner.
    • Also see that windows update should be checked to never check for updates.
    • Now go for device manager and look for the Tuner and delete the drivers.
    • Once done Windows will be able to find out the tuner but there will not be tuner.
    • Again go for device manager and look for tuner. Go for properties and click on update driver.
    • Browse to desktop and provide Cinergy_T_PCIe_Dual folder.
    • It will result into the installation of driver without having any tuner software.
    • Finally reboot the computer.

After going through the problem of yours I recommend below mentioned BIOS
    • setup should be done your system.
    • IGFX Multi-Monitor should be Enabled
    • Primary Video Device should be set to IGFX Video
    • Finally Integrated graphics should be set to Force