Thread: PC using Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 shows random BSOD - System Service Exception error

PC using Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 shows random BSOD - System Service Exception error

This is my latest build with following configurations:
    • AMD 1100T @ stock settings
    • 8GB (4GBx2) Corsair 1600MHz vengeance DDR3 memory @ stock settings
    • EVGA 570 1.2GB video
    • Corsiar TX750 PSU
    • Barracuda 7200.11 SATA 3Gb/s 1-TB HDD
    • Barracuda 7200.11 SATA 3 GB/s 2-TB HDD
    • Corsair H60
    • Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

With this build I am getting odd issues with features like cool and quiet, turbo mode, power saving features etc and it seems that they are completely useless.

The first problem is when I enable the cool&quiet, turbo mode or any kind of other power saving features, the computer start showing BSODs randomly and in that screen it shows system service exception - bad pool caller. To troubleshoot this issue, I ran memtest for few errors but there are no errors. The prime also completed its test without any issues. Temps are normal and never get high at all. Even if I downclock the memory, same thing is happening. I also tried enabling one option or feature but no changes. i will see swapping RAM modules later because now I don’t have one. What could be the reasons for these issues?

In many case, the system also hangs at ‘loading operating system' during the reboot process and sometimes I can see no operating system found messages

Re: PC using Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 shows random BSOD - System Service Exception error

Quote Originally Posted by Baby-Oye! View Post
    With this build I am getting odd issues with features like cool and quiet, turbo mode, power saving features etc and it seems that they are completely useless.
    Do you have installed the SP1 for Windows 7 64 bit? Your system as very good configuration and there is no doubt about that. And I also don’t think that there is any kind of compatibility issues between the different peripherals used in it. If so, you can easily try to resolve it with the BIOS update if available one, otherwise it won’t be a problem.

In many case, the system also hangs at ‘loading operating system' during the reboot process and sometimes I can see no operating system found messages
    You have checked your RAM modules and no errors found. So they are fine and also no problem with CPU since it also passed the prime test. So there is only thing coming up in my mind and that is all about the Windows 7 installation. As far as I know that Windows 7 installation is sometime quite picky. You will surely going to see problems when you have changed the settings after the installation which no longer matches up with the MBR.

Re: PC using Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 shows random BSOD - System Service Exception error

Yes, I was also thinking about the same. You might have changed something during the Windows 7 installation or might be by mistakenly picked an option which was not necessary in your case. So due to this system acting much weird and not as intended to work so. Anyway, did you try booting to the System Recovery Options while using the Windows 7 installation disk and perform a Startup Repair. If any files or DLLs has been changed or corrupted after the installation, this repair option will help you to correct those files and replace the corrupted one with new files. I can’t guarantee that it is the only reason for your BSOD.

As you said I have installed the Sp1 and installed all the latest updates available for my system likes drivers for all, security patches and other Windows updates. Removed some unnecessary things from my computer just to check. I have removed PCI cards, USB devices and made the system work normal. Even after these attempts I could not able to get rid of this damn BSOD error. It just keeps on throwing a Blue screen with the same error again and again during the random times.

Now second time I have been planning to shift all the Pc components to some other board just to see if the Cool & Quiet, Turbo Core Boost, and Power saving features work properly there or not. I hope that this time I can properly test the processor only. If it is working well on the other motherboard, then I will surely RMA it. No other option left.

In my case I have bought the FX-8120 and get rid of that old 1100T. Then brought all the peripherals together to power up the computer but the computer started showing two long beeps and one short beep. So I removed one RAM module and tried to boot it with only one stick of RAM. This time the system boots up properly but the Task manager showing only two cores. Again I went back for the BIOS update as suggested by my friend and flashed the bios back to F5 and made a reset but still the same. So I tried the core unlocker feature, which makes all cores to appear and Windows also recognized them and automatically installs necessary drivers. Then I put back one more RAM module which I took away before and updated the BIOS to the latest one. Now everything is normal and working as it meant for.

Microsoft suggest you that whenever you get BSODs like this, you need to get rid of all unnecessary hardware devices connected to the PC and boot the Windows in safe mode simply to test whether it is the cause of third-party software/hardware or compatibility issue. If so, you can try downloading and running Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor simply to know about the reasons for this error. If it is about the incompatible driver, then I hope that you know how to resolve it. If you are still getting the same BSOD error, you should know that Windows OS or system always uses separated user mode and kernel mode memory space. You can sometimes notice there kind of stop errors due to the cause of kernel portion components. Due to Buggy services causes from third party hardware/software/driver/antivirus.

Kernel errors and panics can be seen in any Operating system. No matter whether it is a Linux PC, windows PC or Mac. There are some obvious reasons for this kernel errors and most of them only due to the exceptions happened in the kernel. It could be either driver errors or the service errors. When the kernel error or kernel panic occurs, it might kill the system to avoid more severe damage. So that we get a blue screen to show user what problem has occurred or sometimes simply reboots the system. It is or this behavior is completely depends on the System settings. In order to troubleshoot kernel crash or error, you need to debug the crashed system dump. Unfortunately, debugging is beyond the hand the normal user and for that you need to get help from dedicated Support Professional by contacting Microsoft Customer Service and Support

Sometimes it may not be possible to properly view or analyze the BSOD errors. Because BSOD shows in a fraction of second and then system reboots right away. So it is not possible to note down all errors and get help. So for this you might need to use BlueScreenView, MyEventViewer and other methods totroubleshoot BlueScreens. Sometimes the blue screen happens with power saving sleep or hibernation mode bug which can be fixed with driver update and in that mainly video driver/ Graphics driver.

It would have been better if you have posted the BSOD error code along with the error description. The cause of the BSOD is always lies inside the error code which then help you to find out what are the solutions available for it.

Anyway, if your system is very old and not opened it for long time then you have to follow my procedure now. First remove all cards, memory, and cables and reseat then as it is. But before reseating make sure to clean up all the dust reside wherever like dust bunnies and vents. Check all the connectors and cables. If you find any damaged connector, replace it with a new one. In my case I have got the following error:
    BCCode: 3b 0x0000003b

In the above code the 3b usually refers to the graphic's driver error (display adapter) and other possibilities are security programs and sometimes even memory (mapping).

BCCode: 3b 0x0000003b
    I think that this error denotes that there is an excessive paged pool usage. This can happen for only one reason and that is when user-mode graphics drivers crossing over the limit and transmitting incorrect data to the kernel code. When the BSOD occurs, you might notice an error saying bad pool caller along with System service Exception. I really don’t know to resolute this issue because whenever I got problem like this I directly check in Microsoft support page for particular information regarding that particular BSOD error.

Do not know 100% sure what you mean. When I took the extra monitor only its full resolution (1920x1200) and the other monitor its own (1920x1080) when I instituted the highest resolution monitor as the main screen.

I had to disable cool n quiet or I had constant unexplained reboots. Now I can't seem to get anything that might need ACHI for hot swaps to operate at all as well, otherwise a well running box.