Thread: Windows 7 64-bit does not support GIGABYTE GA-G41MT-USB3

Windows 7 64-bit does not support GIGABYTE GA-G41MT-USB3

Hello friends, I am having GIGABYTE GA-G41MT-USB3 motherboard with INTEL Pentium D 915 processor with it, whenever I am trying to install windows 7 64 bit then whole system gets freezes, earlier I was thinking that it was due to Windows 7 then I have tried to run Windows Vista on it then also it freezing. One of friend is having same motherboard but he is able to run Windows 7 32- bit, so I think that windows 7 64-bit is not been supported with present motherboard. Is there something which I should tried to make it work, or should install 32-bit windows on to it. Please tell me about it. Thank you.

re: Windows 7 64-bit does not support GIGABYTE GA-G41MT-USB3

I think that RAM which you will be using is not be sufficient to run it, so I would suggest that better increase RAM such that you should have minimum 4 GB to make run windows properly, if then also you are getting problem then I would suggest that to get 32-bit windows, other than that there should be no problem with it and also there might be no problem with it.

I would like to tell that if you are using ICH7 chipset then it is not at all compatible with it and you need to use ICH7DH, ICH7R, ICH7-M, ICH7-M DH chip which are been having AHCI support , so ICH7 (Base) and ICH7-U (Ultra-mobile) are not having AHCI support. So you better get that checked and see that which chipset you are using it.

Quote Originally Posted by My Name View Post
    I think that RAM which you will be using is not be sufficient to run it, so I would suggest that better increase RAM such that you should have minimum 4 GB to make run windows properly, if then also you are getting problem then I would suggest that to get 32-bit windows, other than that there should be no problem with it and also there might be no problem with it.
    I having a sufficient, such that I am using 2 stick each of them 4 GB, also having graphics card EVGA Geforce 7600GT, I do not think that due to this it might be problem at all; I know that what minimum configuration for Windows 7 is. I do think that it is been related to motherboard or processor.

The problem is with processor which you are using it, at present, just go to below link and check out specification of it, then you will be able to know the reason why it is not working with 64-bit windows, if you wanted to run it then you must have processor which is been supporting 64-bit of data, if you are finding to tough to know then in below link just check out Memory specification and in that you will find how much is Physical Address Extensions supported by that particular processor, so you have choice to install a new processor or you can start working with 32-bit windows, only these are two option for you.

Specification of INTEL Pentium D 915 processor

One of my friend was also having the same problem which you are getting but he has worked it out own, he just changed CPU multiplier in BIOS and after that he was able to work with it, such that you will be having 200 X 14 = 2.8 GHz as your CPU multiplier, so you wanted to make it work then make it 200 X 13 = 2.6 GHz, or 200 X 12 = 2.4 GHz then you will be not getting problem. Even you can do multiplier 230 to 200 then also it will be working. Friend has tested and founded that when you are having 200 X 14 then you will be getting problem and when you are having 200 X 13 and 200 X 12 then you will be not getting at all problem with it. Even you try with 225 X 12 or 230 X 13, that also work or not.