Thread: No Vcore setting in GigaByte GA-P67-DS3-B3

No Vcore setting in GigaByte GA-P67-DS3-B3

I have purchased the Sandy setup but facing some problem with this. I am new in overclocking and want to overclock my 2500K but I found that my GigaByte GA-P67-DS3-B3 motherboard is not having the vcore voltage setting. I have checked the Cpu Voltage area but that is not having the Vcore seting. Is there anyone who knows that how can I overclock with the dynamic vcore? Also do you that why this board is not having BIOS update.

Re: No Vcore setting in GigaByte GA-P67-DS3-B3

I found that this board is making use of the Dynamic Vcore and with this, it is set to auto. I would like to tell you that it will automatically adjust the Vcore and it is made in this way because it is needed to keep all the things stable. It is very simple to overclock these chips/boards without making much effort with a easy settings unless you require to have the enormous OC only by raising the multiplier. This is what I know about this board and I wish that it will be helpful to you to get it understood. Lets see, if someone else post with some deep information about this.

Hi all, sorry for posting in running thread but I am starting this here as I am having same board and facing some problem with it. I was trying to overclock this but nothing happens and I got default settings and one error message as:

"The system has experienced boot failures because of overclocking or changes of voltages.."

Here is the specification for my system:
    • Mobo GA P67-DS3-B3
    • CPU i3 2100 @3.1GHz
    • DIMM 2 x 4GB DDR3 Exceleram /1333MHz
    • HDD WD6400AAKS
    • GPU HD3850 MSI
    • POWER 500W

Can someone over here help me? Thank you so much in advance!!!

I think that you are using the outdated BIOS and so you are getting this message. If this is the case then it is recommended to update it through Qflash or DOS. Other than this, you must flash the flash the backup BIOS in order to match the main BIOS.

As I can see in the spec that you are having 2 memory modules. So there is possibility that there is problem with one of the memory module. So it will be better for you if you can check for the each module one at one time for 5 to 10 passes. I am telling you this because there are many of the cases like this where the reason for this type of issue turns out to be the memory module. So check if this is the same in your case also or not. This is the only reason that I can predict for now and if this is not the case then please reply back so that we can try to solve it in some other possible ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Geniee View Post
    As I can see in the spec that you are having 2 memory modules. So there is possibility that there is problem with one of the memory module. So it will be better for you if you can check for the each module one at one time for 5 to 10 passes. I am telling you this because there are many of the cases like this where the reason for this type of issue turns out to be the memory module. So check if this is the same in your case also or not. This is the only reason that I can predict for now and if this is not the case then please reply back so that we can try to solve it in some other possible ways.
    I have already tested the memory and I am sure that there is no problem with the memory module. Also all the settings in the BIOS are set to default, I have not did any change to this.

There is one more possibility that I can guess about this and that the memory chich you are using is not completely compatible. If this is the case then there is only one option for you and that is to change the memory voltage in accordance with the spec and this will run it quicker as compared to the stock defaults the BIOS sets.

I also guess that there is problem with the memory. If not with the memory then from the memory slot, so you can try by changing the memory slot. Like if you are using 1+2 then use 2+3 or 1+3 or any other random combination. And if it is possible then you can borrow another 2x4GB for testing or try with some other brand. This is the way to be safe side from the possibility of incompatible memory.

As you have mentioned that you are facing a boot failure message then I think the CMOS battery can be the reason for this. I am not telling this for sure but still there are some chances for this. So its good to check for this possibility as well.