Thread: random freezes on a new gigabyte GA-Z68MA-DH2-B3 motherboard

random freezes on a new gigabyte GA-Z68MA-DH2-B3 motherboard

hello guys as I am new to this forum, it has been my first post on your site and as I could not find any solutions in my case, I just want to know the exact reason behind this one as I have gigabyte GA-Z68MA-DH2-B3 motherboard and CPU - I5 2500k which is default along with an RAM of DDR3 1333 Kingston 2x2 GB and running with Windows 7 pro 32-bit. And I am experiencing random freezes on a new gigabyte GA-Z68MA-DH2-B3.can you guys help me out of this . please provide appropriate solution which will help in my case. Thanks.

Re: random freezes on a new gigabyte GA-Z68MA-DH2-B3 motherboard

I am stating some instructions with which you can try and the solution will be close to you.
    1. you need to make an reinstallation of your Operating System on your hard drive
    2. secondly, you need to test your hard drive for bad sectors by making use of HD Tune,
    3. have you performed or run an memtest on one ram stick per time, for 10 passes?
    4. you need to check all internal connections are fully associated
    5. you will require in addition to clear the CMOS, put your bios back to F9 as well as boot into the bios and choose Load Optimized Defaults.
    Hope this one helps in your case.

I was also having similar issue in this case and I have found some solutions which will help in your case and so you are able to perform a throw-away install on a separate disk/partition so that you are able to eliminate software issues.

To give in more information in my issue in whole I will provide you with what I have tried, I tested ram with memtest 4.2 , and there were no issues at all, hard disk along with PSU coming from another system as well as anyway tested. as well Ram was tested on an additional system, it's just right.The systems at times simply stop responding, even reset button don’t labor in that instant.It occurs once or else two times per day, when browsing on the net, as well when system is doing nothing on desktop. I made some several attempts with stress tests, single or else multithreaded and there were no errors at all, no BSOD.

When I made some checks through the User's Manual, it was recommend by the Gigabyte that there is a requirement of a PSU of at least 500 Watts for this motherboard and it is likely that the PSU you are making use of not supplying sufficient consistent power to the system, therefore the random nature of the BSOD's is messing and I would say that at testing this theory initially , if possible, i will try with a larger PSU if available to you.

When I made some checks through the User's Manual, it was recommend by the Gigabyte that there is a requirement of a PSU of at least 500 Watts for this motherboard and it is likely that the PSU you are making use of not supplying sufficient consistent power to the system, therefore the random nature of the BSOD's along with I would appear at testing this theory initially , if possible, by making some hard attempts with a larger PSU if available to you.
    My friends also suggested the same means in the manner which you stated , but currently i dont have a larger PSU to make a test, only a inexpensive OEM 400W on a older system, but i made some checks for power consumption along with the system involves simply 27W on idle and 95W on full load so the Corsair VX450W should be sufficient.in addition to describe in this case , the VX450W worked fine for in the old system, and there were no issues at all but it's worth to experiment moreover the PSU as well. I have made a clean installation of Windows 7 with no issues , and currently testing again RAM along with i will also test Hardisk.

I have made tries with the earlier solutions but I was not able to solve in any case. My system shut down and restarted by itself at the time of simply watching a web page. My system was sitting idle. And there was no load at all. I'm really irritated by the new system, as i don’t have any idea if I am with faulty motherboard since i am not able to get an error whatever test i attempt to do but the system this way is in fact unusable. there are surely some issues with this series of gigabyte motherboards. Can you solve this .