Thread: Infinite boot loop in Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

Infinite boot loop in Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

as I want to make some hardware changes as I thought increasing them would speed up my system and so I just bought a latest motherboard of Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3,along with 2nd generation intel processor i3 3.3Ghz,4GB DDR2 RAM as well as 2TB hardisk and lastly 32 MB cache SATA 3. As know all the connections very well and all the processes of assembling but when I was attempting to turn it on the fan start turning along with power supply's fan along with graphic card's fan for some couple of minutes and then it was turned off after some couple of seconds or minutes , it turns back on. So what could be the issue behind this as I don’t have any idea regarding this case. My friends suggested me to reseat all the components ( which I do) but it did not worked in my case, so can you guys suggest me some cases where I am able to do that . please assist me in this case. Thanks

Re: Infinite boot loop in Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

As per my knowledge , it seems that you are having issues with your bios and the lone thing which you need to try for the first time is to flash the BIOS to the latest version. As it has came to our notice that the Gigabyte has customized the new one for just this problem.

i had tried with which I made some connection as I have completed my basic course in hardware and networking , so an you elaborate how I am able to do that? I can't even get to BIOS. Can you add further information , it would be really good.

So , as I am concerned to such types of issues and they occur frequently, I need to tell you that you can try an extended clear of the CMOS. You need to follow the instructions in this case.

• So you need to remove the power cable from the main supply followed by pressing the power switch on the case for some couple of seconds so that you are able to drain any residual energy in the PSU capacitors.
    • After this step , you will require to remove the motherboard battery for at least one hour previous to replacing it.
    • Next plug back into the mains supply along with boot.
    • You will now require to enter the BIOS as usual by pressing the DEL button and load Optimized BIOS Defaults.
    • If that works , you are able to have an access over the BIOS .

The previous post says all correctly but if you rae not getting it you also need to make some attempts for doing an update. So you need to download the latest BIOS for your board.
    • In the BIOS you require to confirm that USB Legacy Storage or else something alike is enabled along with USB Legacy Devices too.
    • alter the boot sequence so that you are able to locate the USB HDD first and disable the floppy drive in total.
    • confirm that you insert the USB pen drive into one of the major USB ports on the motherboard previous to booting up.
    • When in QFlash , you will also need to verify you set it to Disable the Keep DMI Data.

I have found some solution in your case and it has found that you need to make any other changes to the BIOS settings to suit your self such as , you can try with disabling the floppy drive, as well as disabling the full screen logo and making the HDD the primary boot device and afterward pressing F10 so that you are able to save and exit.

You are saying it correctly, but, as I stated it previously , the thing is that I am not able to still start the computer as well as get to BIOS, it is still in the boot loop, i performed your steps which you stated such as removing the power supplier cable and holding the power button for some couple of seconds as well as the removing the battery from motherboard but there was no change and nothing worked. So can you suggest me in this process to first of all get to the starting of my computer and then entering into the bios.

So as you sated that you are not able to get into starting of your system, are you having a 24 pin cable attached to the motherboard, along with the 4 or 8 pin ATX CPU power cable which is connected to the motherboard?What is the accurate processor model you are having? Will it boot with nothing attached apart from 1 stick of memory along with the CPU? If it does not boot by that means , there is a possibility that you may be having a short or else bent CPU socket pins. To experiment for shorts, you need to remove the motherboard from the case as well as OFF the motherboard tray if there is one, as well as attempt to start it on a wooden table or else cardboard box.