Thread: AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma is nice chip

AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma is nice chip

this is really great I have just installed the AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma CPU on my pc and it really work great , also installed the CM Hyper 212+ on it as well . I have only changed the multiplier and it running 3.4 GHz. I have played the heavy game for about 1 hrs and the CPU temp is still at the 25c . this CPU is best for you as well . all the feature does it has . what do you guys say how is this chip , how high can I go in the same with this temp that would be safe to run every day. Is there anyone here can help me on this I will be really appreciating this

thanks

Re: AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma is nice chip

I guess that you are looking at the wrong temperature or there is something wrong with the temp reading as far as I know the 25 C I s way too lower that the ambient temperature. I suggest that you should update the bios in case there and problem .

Well I took the reading correctly and I am sure about that . already updated the Bios to the latest version . if I am not wrong then the 960T just takes up to the 95Watts as opposite to usual Phenom II's 125 TDP. The system bios shows the temp like 32 C. and while playing the game I touch the Hyper 212 heatsink and it was cool as I touch it . that place where my system is cool and I like to keep my thermostat at 66 degrees F. will try to check the running Prime for a while and see what I get out of that . any ways that for your concern

Unfortunately did not get my unlocked with 6 cores or rather he does not run stable. But running Prime95 stable with stock voltage on 4X3.6GHz. Especially the low TDP of 95W in comparison to the normal Phenoms is a sales pitch.

I am very satisfied!

This processor 960T operates at a thermal design power of 95W and wrap AM3 processor is compatible with most motherboards, AM2 +, AM3 and AM3 + released so far, although it may need a version of latest BIOS for that CPU is recognized correctly. the two additional cores that were disabled by AMD seem unlockable, making the CPU in a cheap alternative to Phenom II X6 line of the company, provided that this is really successful.

Well as far as I know the Phenom X4 960T has four cores with basic frequency of 3 GHz and each of these includes 512 KB of L2 cache and 6 MB of shared L3 cache.

Hi guys
    I need help does anyone here know if the 965 is unlock able? I was looking for this everywhere but not able to find any answer to this I will be really appreciating if anyone here help me on this

Thanks in advance

Well this is very hard to believe that you are getting the 25 C temp on the contrary I am having about 44 C on the stock voltage in a room at 76 F , although I may be wrong . I just want to say that keep overclocking your CPU you know that you can get more than 3.4GHz. In case you are wondering you are able to get till the 50 C load under the stress and still the safe to run the pc all the time if you don’t use the LinX as your profession

That temperature that you have suggested is ok if you are playing the Solitare but hey 25 C with the heavy games is quite unacceptable unless you are running this system on the icebox. Doesn’t matter that your chip pulls 95 w so does my 2500k abs it is not able to stay low as 4 degrees C above ambient if I do anything that is stress full

That is really very funny but I do keep it very cold here . although I only played the Call of Duty 4 multiplayer for about like 45 minutes and after that I rebooted the system to see and I found that is was higher when playing the game actually , however I like to tell you that it certainly runs cool plus the 212+ fins sense cool when I touch it .

I suggest that you run the HWMonitor in the background so that you were able to see the realtime temp, and then can get the recording of highs on every core . the 25 C in the bios is not the all represent of what the chip at the time of gaming . and CPU drop heat almost immediately. My CPU shed from 55C to 28C in approximately 7 seconds, guess it has only finished a task.