Thread: Power supply not proper while fitting intel DN2800MT board in car.

Power supply not proper while fitting intel DN2800MT board in car.

as i am interested in making new innovations and try with different experiments I want some help from your side and at this time, I want to build a computer for my car. And I need to construct an enclosure in head unit size and For this intention I found from some sources that the DN2800MT will appear to fit perfectly, but I have some problems with the power supply. As to add further, I am having some battery issues as it has come to my notice that it is unable to supply 12V at all the time. For other (older) boards, there are dc-dc-converters to plug in directly into the ATX-connector on these boards, which according to me, I think will solve this issue . But in this case, I have came across that the DN2800MT appears not to have an ATX-connector, and it is simply equipped with the dc/in-jack along with the 1x2pin internal connector. So I need to inquire as is there a probability to make use of this board in my car? Or which board according to you will suite my requirements. Can you help me in my case. I am eager to have a perfect solution. Thanks in advance.

Re: Power supply not proper while fitting intel DN2800MT board in car.

As you have mentioned your system requirements, and as per your specs, I assume that the on-board header as well as the rear panel jack are I suppose 19v DC. In addition, the board has the ATX12v along with 2x2 CPU connections which are appropriate for a standard power supply. You are able to power the board from either.

I would like to add in this case some useful info by which you will be able to solve your issue. and according to me, I suppose that the DN2800MT is equipped with an internal DC-to-DC circuit which is constructed in with wide-range input voltage support from 8V throughout 19V. I have came up to a lot of customers who are being able to power it up even with as slight power supply of 6V.

As you are asking for any other option in your case, I will suggest you DCDC-USB, Intelligent buck-boost DC-DC converter with USB interface as found from sources and it will be best for your purpose. And according to me, I believe this will do it, in addition it's able to power the computer on: ": , it will tend to act as an intelligent PSU, ignition aware, along with , it will send ON/OFF pulse to the motherboard so that it is able to turn ON/OFF."

I have found some information regarding the DCDC-USB is a high power buck-boost microcontroller DC-DC converter. And according to me, This unit will tend to accept any input which ranges from 6-34V.Output is 12V regulated or else output can be altered with easy jumper settings to 5V, 6V and there are no of such volts like 9V, 12V, 13.5V, 18V or 24V or by means of USB in fine increments anywhere from 5-24V.I need to tell you regarding the applications as powering motherboard with lone rail power from a few voltage to a few voltage, laptops as well as custom electronics. This component can be used to convert a few voltage which range from 6-34V to any output as of from 5-24V.

Yes, the above post says it correctly and as to say regarding it , it has some additional features of DCDC-USB:
    1. - it has well equipped remote ON/OFF switch capable of switching up to 6A, 8A peak.
    2. - it is also able to control motherboard ON/OFF pins
    3. - it is in fused input condition which is an added advantage and which is TVS protected

According to me, I have also found that humidity also matters in this case and well, i don't suppose the temperature is a big difficulty. at present where I am living in, the temperature is very moderate. Humidity might be a problem however. But this applies as well to head units or else other electric stuff in cars. I'll have a better try in this case.