Thread: Is there any way to know install Date and Time of CPU?

Is there any way to know install Date and Time of CPU?

hi guys

I need help here actually need to know the Date and Time when the CPU is installed , this problem is that I have a friend who think I that his CPU has been changed by someone , so he want to know CPU's reinstall date and time in Windows 7. I will be really appreciated if someone here help me on this I will be glad

Thanks in advance

Re: Is there any way to know install Date and Time of CPU?

I am sorry to tell you there is no such method that let you know the and Time when the CPU is installed, the fact that the system does not keep that kind of records , so you will not able to know when hardware component was changed

Well I think that you can check the if CPU as replaced by install date however that all depends on the mother board, it can say
    • when the OS was installed
    • whether the OS installed more than once

this might be not a prefect and exact result but you can able to know if you are fortunate

The date you are looking for is the first install date which is created by the windows . the first install day is created when it is installed the windows unless device provides a date. Most of the device don’t provide the date but few mobo can do as the following

1. Go to the Start then Control Panel
    2. Go to the Device Manager
    3. Open the device tree
    4. Below the computer fine the ACPI X64-based PC
    5. Open the Properties by double clicking
    6. Hit the detail tab
    7. Now on the Device Description search the First Install Date and Install Date
    8. Lick on it to check the date

So in case the First Install date looks reasonable. Then take a note and if the date is First Install date then the os is not reinstalled but if the installation date is the different then the os is reinstalled and that will reduce the chances of checking the if the CPU was replaced. And if the two date are same you have good chance

Now search the Processors and double click that . you will see entry for each core and thread your CPU has. Click any one of it . see the and First Install Dates. And compare them. In case the first install date is same the CPU was may be not changed or vice versa

Hope this help

Thanks for the reply I really appreciate this , butu is it possible to you to give some kind of any references, papers or manuals to read, this is for the reason that I need a forensic report to apply . can anyone here can help me on this

Thanks

There no document based on this as far as I know that solution that I have give is just an observation from the several pc over a period of time that I have chanced various components and also performed multiple installations of Windows. But I may be wrong all I can say is look the Microsoft for documents regarding this