Thread: Does AMD Piledriver is going to change its socket or it will be on Gigabyte AM3+

Does AMD Piledriver is going to change its socket or it will be on Gigabyte AM3+

I have not actually paid much attention, about the changing socket of Piledriver processor version to be coming out soon in the market. I just want to know whether this is going to be the same AM3+ or will be different. I had seen some of the best motherboard in the market that comes with AM3+ socket. If there is any changes then there would be more problem with upgrades.

Re: Does AMD Piledriver is going to change its socket or it will be on Gigabyte AM3+

I am not really sure about that. I do not think there will be any changes in the motherboard socket. If there will be then it will be issue with that is you will have to go ahead with entirely new motherboard. Piledriver features more power for the apu. That means the processor is going to handle both graphics and processing at the same. So this can be a kind of ideal choice for budget systems.

Piledriver is successor to Bulldozer. This new microarchitecture is designed to target all type of systems. It is not just limited to extreme machine. This will give more better clock rate, better power optimization and good for gaming. The processors which are going to be released under this new microarchitecture will support AM3+ and FM2 socket. So if you are already having a board which has a compatible AM+ socket then there is nothing to worry much.

I imagine it would be wise for them to go for newer processors under FX series. I am expecting more better performance boost here. And above that it is low on power usage compare to the older series. I am willing to upgrade for this new processor. I am expecting a more better boost out of the same. I hope whichever hardware I had upgraded to on this will be great enough for giving optimum gaming output.