Thread: How to unlock AMD Bulldozer FX-6100?

How to unlock AMD Bulldozer FX-6100?

What could be the possible trick to unlock a bulldozer processor? I do have an AMD bulldozer FX-6100 processor installed in my system last week. Indeed its working fine I want to somehow unlock it. is it possible? if yes then how?

I heard that the FX-6100 comes up with a 3 module part, so I just wanted to ask whether there is any 4th module that can be unlocked.

Re: How to unlock AMD Bulldozer FX-6100?

I heard that the FX-6100 comes up with a 3 module part, so I just wanted to ask whether there is any 4th module that can be unlocked.
    The only comment I would like to have on your statement is that if such 4th unlockable module is introduced in bulldozer processor especially with the FX-6100 then it will would surely look like almost similar to the 1090T and 1100T not just this but also the price will be raised beyond the reach of a common user, so better the processor stay as it is now at the current time.

Another thing is that, AMD has already mentioned that they won’t be unlocking or produce such unlockable processor. And I personally feel that this would definitely make some of the excited over smart user to go doing it by themselves.

I do agree with you, even I heard that AMD is never going to make it unlockable. As far as I am concerned, I think all the seven Zambezi-based FX processors share the same silicon. There are certain processor of bulldozer that have at least one module disabled where as some of the other have two of them disabled or turned off.

About the ADM’s quad-core Zosma processor has quad core chip which is based on the hexa core has the function of unlocking in order to enable all six cores.

About the ADM’s quad-core Zosma processor has quad core chip which is based on the hexa core has the function of unlocking in order to enable all six cores.
    AMD recently commented that they won’t be allowing this thing to get executed this time at least. The developers and the manufacturers have claimed that they would however disable all the possible way that use to make the things possible in the either way. In fact they would be somehow unusually taking up the clock on SKUs having lesser cores which would again turn on the ability of disabling logics which can cause the stability problem.

Just because of the above reason even I feel that core unlocking would never be possible, at least not for now. As far as I am concerned let me tell you that I have already researched a lot and also browsed on web considering this thing but till now haven’t found any such clue for unlocking the bulldozer.

Anyways from the initial time I use to doubt it so for me its not surprising to find no such hints about unlocking. But I still feel that everything depends upon the fact whether the processor actually have the 4th module and not just 3.

Looking at some people’s views and opinions it seems like unlocking is possible where as on the other hand AMD has strictly specified that it won’t. I am not sure with the clear words that AMD has just before their motherboard manufacturer started out selling unlocked boards. Not sure whether they said unlocking the cores is possible or not. Also I am unaware of the comment made by the motherboard partner for chip unlocking.

However there are many people including me who really wanted to get things proper and let us unlock chip as soon as possible.

Hello friends, I would say something. I bought a new customize system; also I have a ADM FX-6100 with a MSI motherboard that actually unlocks the additional two cores on my bench. Not yet tried them, suppose to try out building it by coming next two days and test how it goes.

Hello friends, I would say something. I bought a new customize system; also I have a ADM FX-6100 with a MSI motherboard that actually unlocks the additional two cores on my bench. Not yet tried them, suppose to try out building it by coming next two days and test how it goes.
    I would possibly prefer not commenting on it as even you are unaware of the thing and also not you tried or built it. So better you first try the motherboard and CPU combination and let us know the result. Until now there have been no such posts or threads or information saying that anyone has unlocked any bulldozer. Fortunately if you are successful then you might be the first one to do so.

I haven’t read anything about disabling unlock in fact I read everywhere about AMD saying that they are not going to unlock.

For your kind information, I too have AMD chip but its FX-4100 and when I checked in BIOS, it says that all 8 cores are unlocked in the BIOS but the extra 4 cores that are present however not doing anything. Not just this, those 4 cores are also not being recognized by any of the windows software, quite strange.

I must say that none of these things would unlock. The most important thing is that the motherboard which you have mentioned can easily unlock all eligible phenom chips but probably not bulldozer. I have not yet heard about any reports about bulldozer unlocking from the time I started searching about it.

Anyways from the initial time I use to doubt it so for me its not surprising to find no such hints about unlocking. But I still feel that everything depends upon the fact whether the processor actually have the 4th module and not just 3.
    People not bothered about unlocking their 4100 or 6100 is due to some reason, I have read somewhere that there are some kind of missing transistors or other tiny electronic things.

I thing the 8 core Bulldozers have all four of them where as 6 core bulldoze have only three and the four core bulldozer have just two. There is one for each single module which actually makes everything active. Ultimately I just wanted to tell you all is that now or ever this 8 cores bulldozer will not be able to unlock, if you need one 8 core you will have to probably buy it.