Thread: Asus P86 P8P67 Deluxe hangs on resume after it is left idle for some times

Asus P86 P8P67 Deluxe hangs on resume after it is left idle for some times

I am having Asus P86 P8P67 Deluxe in my system and the problem that I am facing is that the system hangs on resume after it is left idle for some times, I have tried using mouse or keyboard but then when I am trying to reactivate the system then it do wakes up but then there is no display and system hangs like the same, even the Power button does not help me at that time and I just have to reset it, I have found that the system does not hangs when there is any tasks running in the background I don’t think that it is getting confused with Windows entering S3 state as it was an issue with the Asus with 1253/1024 BIO, anyways I have disabled the S3 as well as S4 mode of Windows and I don’t think that there will be any issue with the same, is there anything I can try out for no to solve this issue???

re: Asus P86 P8P67 Deluxe hangs on resume after it is left idle for some times

I am having Asus P86 P8P67 Deluxe in my system and the problem that I am facing is that the system hangs on resume after it is left idle for some times, I have tried using mouse or keyboard but then when I am trying to reactivate the system then it do wakes up but then there is no display and system hangs like the same, even the Power button does not help me at that time and I just have to reset it, I have found that the system does not hangs when there is any tasks running in the background I don’t think that it is getting confused with Windows entering S3 state as it was an issue with the Asus with 1253/1024 BIO, anyways I have disabled the S3 as well as S4 mode of Windows and I don’t think that there will be any issue with the same, is there anything I can try out for no to solve this issue???
    Can you just let me know your system specification so that I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing and will try to help you with the same further, If think that the system might be getting hanged when trying to get back from S1 to S0. I am not very sure about the same but then I think so, does it happens often or it happens every time it is left idle, I think that you should give a try to a program called “sleeper” from Passmark which will allow you to set Windows in any supported sleep state, just check it out and then let me know what response you get for the same.

I have tried using the same and configuring the program to cycle S1 state for 60 sec and then resume for 60 seconds but then it is not making any difference, is there anything else that I can try out??? Here is my system specification:
    • Asus P86 P8P67 Deluxe with Intel i7-2600K (Heatsink Noctua NH-U12P SE2)
    • Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws CAS7 12800 - 4 x 4GB = 8 GB -- F3-12800CL7-2GBRM
    • Power supply: Cool Master Silent Pro Gold 600W
    • Graphic card: Saphhire Radeon HD 5770 1 GB
    • HDD: 2 x Western Digital Caviar Black Revision Sata 6G (2 TB - 64 Mo) on Intel SATA6G_0 & SATA6G_1
    • HDD: 2 x Samsung Spinpoint F3 SATA 3G ( 1 TB – 32 Mo) on Marvel SATA6G_E1 & SATA6G_E2
    • Windows Ultimate x64

I have been facing the same issue from three days it was not there before, I am not getting any bsod but then the Windows just "freezes" when I resume after a long time and yes it does not hangs when there is some program running in the background but then I don’t want to do so for getting rid of this issue, I think that there should be some solution to solve this.
    System specification:
    • Windows 7 Home Premium X64
    • P8P67 Deluxe - Bios 1204
    • 2600k running at 4.4Ghz (Turbo)
    • 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X series
    • Sapphire Radeon HD 5670 1GB
    • Single Intel X25M-G2 120GB SSD on first Intel SATA 6G port
    • 1 WD Caviar Black 1TB, 1 WD Caviar Green 1TB

Is there anyone who can help me out as well????

I just wanted to know that what is the voltage in your case, a better option is setting it manually rather than using XMP. I have checked out for the same and I have found one mentioning that he was having the same issue and he had found that they system used to get hanged when one of his HDD was spinning down and the issue was solved when he had deactivated the automatic spinning down, since even you are having multiple hdd you can check out the same and see if you are having the same case, if yes then just deactivated the automatic spinning down and see if it really helping or not, just check it out and then let me know what you get.

Its 1.600 volts in my case just as recommended by G.Skill and I have not yet tried out setting the it manually, I mean why will the XMP settings be correct as it is made by the same memory manufacturer, is there any reason behind the same or you are just suggesting it to me for the testing purpose??? I have tried deactivating the automatic spinning down but then it is not appearing to be making any difference in my case, I have also ran Memtest86+ 4.20 and they ram has passed the test without any errors so I don’t think that there might be anything wrong with them, is there anyother workaround that I can try out to get it working well??? Any ideas???

Re: Asus P86 P8P67 Deluxe hangs on resume after it is left idle for some times

I have just checked out the drivers that are offered for the chipset on the Asus board and to my surprise they are lacking behind with the same, the version of Asus is from Oct 4:
    December 23, 2010
    PV 9.2.0.1021

December 15, 2010
    PV 9.2.0.1019

December 02, 2010
    PV 9.2.0.1016

October 04, 2010

PV 9.2.0.1015
    where as I have also checked out the latest Chipset Drivers from the Intel and they are quite ahead so just check out the Chipset Drivers from their site and see if they are helping you out or not. Hope that helps.