Thread: Need some help in choosing the Intel 1155 Z68 chipset motherboard

Need some help in choosing the Intel 1155 Z68 chipset motherboard

Well I am planning to build a new system and hence the config that I have decided for my pc is i7 2600k, three 120GB SSDs, an Nvidia Quadro 4000 video but the only place where I am stuck right now is the 1155 Z68 motherboard well I have shortlisted 3 motherboards for the finalization's and they are Asus P8Z68 Deluxe Gen3, the Asus P8Z68 V Pro Gen3 and the MSI Z68A GD-80 G3, so I am just thinking of all the three with which one I should go with? That’s why I thought of asking this question with you all. I hope you all guys do have some good knowledge about it. do give me some advise about it don’t mention anything about the price and stuff. I know about that but do tell me about the performance I want to know about them.

re: Need some help in choosing the Intel 1155 Z68 chipset motherboard

Looking at the video card that you have opted for I don’t think you are looking for any high end motherboard. Well just to inform you that FX 4000 is a weak card. So looking at the config I would say you go with the the Asus P8Z68 V Pro Gen3 which is a descent overlocker. If you have some patience and money then I would suggest you to go with the Asrock Z68 Fatality Professional, really a good motherboard which I brought recently for $250.

I am not understanding why are you going with such expensive boards well I would advise you to go with a cheaper one vanilla P8Z68-V or you can also opt for cheaper MSI models like the GD65 or 55? It would be worth for you. There is no hard and fast requirement in your system which asks you to put a $200 boards you would do fine with the $120 boards.

The Asus P8Z68 V Pro Gen3 would be the ideal choice for you and my vote will definitely go for that only. The price for that board is I suppose $204 only. That’s what you should be checking out.

Frankly speaking there is no much difference with the $150 board and a $250 board. The only thing that matters is the connectivity. These days CPU does have so many vital features such that you don’t need to screw up the motherboard. The Asus-V models have all the features and also are available quite cheaply. However if you need more extra features such as SATA/Firewire/Quad-SLI/dual ethernet then pay for the Deluxe. That’s it.

So I hope this will help you in the process.

Just had a look at your config and there you have mentioned that you have three SSDs. Now if they are SATA III then I would ask you to choose ASUS P8Z68-V PRO /GEN3 board. Now why I am recommending you that is because it has 4 SATA 6.0 while rest of them has only 2. Don’t go for the Deluxe boards and waste your money there, nothing extra is there in it except the NIC and front bay USB 3.0..

Appreciate the thoughts that you have poured in over here well all I can say is that some of them have asked me to change the graphic card that I have and terming it as a poor card. No it isn’t and as such I am not a gamer and so I will not depend much on the graphics. Now talking about the motherboards I can see that many votes have come up for the Asus P8Z68 V Pro Gen3. So probably I would be finalizing that only. However I must say that there are other recommended cheaper boards as well for me but I have made my decision to go with the the Asus P8Z68 V Pro Gen3.