Thread: RAM memory getting used up randomly

RAM memory getting used up randomly

I have been noticing it since last Wednesday; I have noticed that my system is showing the RAM utilization at a higher level. It’s showing that the RAM is being used all the way till 13.4 GB. I am sure that nothing in the system is so huge that it should use the RAM up to 13.4 GB. But then what exactly could be the reason for such huge ram usage. Pointing at almost all the applications I closed all of them but still the number is constant.

Can anyone tell me what exactly is causing this issue?

Re: RAM memory getting used up randomly

I guess it’s only you who can really help yourself and not the other people who are not even in from of your problematic system or RAM. Anyways I can only suggest you certain thing, you could probably check out the things and let me know the result.

So did you checked out the RAM usage from the Task Manager? If not then better you first open the Task Manager over there go to Performance and note down the CPU and RAM usage.

Also if possible go the Processor Tab and check out the memory used for each of the application that is opened.

This is the most common issue if you only consider the case of Ram, there about 60% of system users who do face this issue and unfortunately I am one amongst them.

The time when I noticed this bug, Google Chrome was the only application opened at that time so believing that it is causing the issue I stopped the browser, in fact I stopped using it from that time but then I noticed that things didn’t change everything was same. I thought to uninstall certain doubtful software including Chrome as the issue started after in installed Chrome but then changed the idea. I am sure that the steam or hl2 is not at all to be blamed because they are not the one causing the problem.

No matter you use a desktop or a mobile phone, always the Ram utilization issue has been caused due virus. I do not doubt it in fact I am sure with this thing. Once it happened with me too, always I use to check out the Ram memory, it use to show me that its already been fully used up but the fact was that no huge application or software were opened in the background.

Later on I understood that my system has been infected with virus or something. If possible even you make sure that you system not facing such similar thing, do a full scan check.

Later on I understood that my system has been infected with virus or something. If possible even you make sure that you system not facing such similar thing, do a full scan check.
    No my friend there isn’t such thing until yet. From the time I faced this issue I have been scanning my whole system time to time which results in no such virus or infection, the results are always clear. Not just scanning but also I did defragmentation many a time.

For your information I am using a Malwarebytes antimalware and also having a AVG antivirus. And I must say that they have not yet come up with any negative information. Anyways thanks for your suggestion.

Dude for your kind information sometime even the antivirus do fails to detect the most dangerous viruses present in our system, don’t be happy that AVG didn’t come up with any detection yet, in fact it’s a matter to worry for you. Have you ever made sure that the AVG virus scan present in your computer is the latest and the updated one. You must always update your antivirus in order to get the updates about the new upcoming viruses.

Another advice I would like to give you is better you first uninstall the AVG and then install it again with the latest updated version and once done with the installation do a full system scan check and see to it that your antivirus is scanning all your system without fail. Once done if no viruses found reboot your machine and check the Ram memory.

yeah I do suggest you the same thing, do a full system scan check with the update virus scan. And if the case is still the same even after trying out the full system scan check then I have another suggestion for you. if possible by you just try out a System Restore and see to it that the problem is eliminated. You can perform this system restore after you do a scan check. And also make sure that you reboot the system and check.

One more thing I would like to tell I is that why don’t you try out some other antivirus instead of scan the system with the same AVG and getting the same fake result. if you feel its not giving you a proper result you can better switch to Avast free. Uninstall the existing AVG and install alternative Avast free and then run a scan.

You can follow the below steps in order to disable all other unnecessary startup services and programs only if you are facing problem while installing or running a virus scanner.
    • Run msconfig
    • Select Service Tab
    • Check the box “Hide all Microsoft Service”
    • Disable All
    • Now select the Startup tab
    • Disable All

So did you checked out the RAM usage from the Task Manager? If not then better you first open the Task Manager over there go to Performance and note down the CPU and RAM usage.
    For your kind information let me tell you that your suggestion is fine but not the best for getting the required information. You know by doing that you can only get to know that there are certain so and so software running in the background and also bit information about them.

For the best result and performance same as a task manager you better go for a CCleaner, this would probably help you out. If not aware go to piriform.com , you might get all the information related to this software and also you can download it.