Thread: keyboard does not work at the time of disk check with motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V

keyboard does not work at the time of disk check with motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V

Hello guys in my computer I have ASUS P8Z68-V motherboard and I am experiencing weird problem with keyboard. When I start my computer at that time keyboard works in BIOS and after that I get windows logo and during the disk check it stops working and once my windows loads at that time it start working properly. Please help me with it.

Re: keyboard does not work at the time of disk check with motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V

I would like to ask you which USB port you are using. Is It USB 2.0 or 3.0? You should also let me know which keyboard you are using. Connect your keyboard with different USB port and then you have to check whether you get same problem or not?

Re: keyboard does not work at the time of disk check with motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V

I have Microsoft Arc keyboard. In my computer I have tried all the USB ports and I get same problem with all the ports. Now after that I have also checked system with different keyboard but I get same problem with that. if any one have answer regarding this then let me know.

To use keyboard in pre-windows command line you will need to enable "Legacy USB support" and after doing that your problem will get solved. I was also having similar type of problem and then I have tried all the possible solution to fix this problem but problem does not get solved. Now after that I have contact the motherboard manufacturer company discussed about this issue and they have told me to enable Legacy USB support and after that I have enabled Legacy USB support from BIOS and saved the setting. Now when I restart the computer at that time problem was not there.

You should also enable Legacy USB support from BIOS and then check whether your problem gets solved or not? if you get same issue after that then there might be something wrong with your ASUS P8Z68-V motherboard.

Well In my case I keyboard was not working during the bios also and after that I have plugged PS/2 keyboard and then I have enabled "Legacy USB support" from BIOS and then when I tried USB keyboard at that time I don’t get any problems.