Thread: Computer does not start with MSI P45 Neo2 and 8GB RAM

Computer does not start with MSI P45 Neo2 and 8GB RAM

In my computer I am facing annoying problem. I have MSI P45 Neo2 motherboard I was using computer with 4GB RAM and it was working like a charm and then I decided to upgrade it so I have bought 2x2 GB RAM. Now when I start computer with 8GB RAM after setting 2.2V memory voltage and 5-5-5-18 latency at that time computer does not start.

When I try to start computer with 6GB RAM at that time it works properly. Now please let me know to solve this issue?

Re: Computer does not start with MSI P45 Neo2 and 8GB RAM

You have mentioned that with 8GB RAM, 5-5-5-18 latency and 2.2V memory voltage setting your computer is does not start and that is why I will suggest you to try to change the setting. You need to set 1.9V memory voltage and then check whether it makes any difference or not? I think after doing this you will not get same problem.

Yes there was similar kind of problem occurred with me after upgrading my PC with 8GB RAM. Now after that I thought that my RAM sticks are faulty but after when I tried that with different computer at that time I didn’t get any issues. I have also checked computer with different RAM latency setting but that does not make any difference. Now after that I have tried to search solution on the internet and after that I have come to know that I have to change memory voltage and after that I have checked system with different memory voltage and by changing the memory voltage my problem get solved.

I think you should also try to run computer with different memory voltage and then check whether your computer starts with 8GB RAM or not. I hope this solution will be helpful for you.

As you have mentioned that I have to try 1.9V memory voltage in my computer and after reading that I have tried 1.9V memory voltage but after trying that also I was not able to solve this problem. now after that I have also tried to fix this problem by changing the RAM frequency which does not make any difference. now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

I have read your problem regarding MSI P45 Neo2 and 8GB RAM, I would like to ask you that in your computer which BIOS version you are using? If you are using BIOS 3.3 then I will suggest you to upgrade it to 3.4 which have improved memory compatibility. Maybe after upgrading the BIOS your problem will get solved.

If you want to download BIOS version 3.4 for your MSI P45 Neo2 motherboard then you have to go to the MSI official website and then you have to search for MSI P45 Neo2 motherboard and then click on download and select BIOS. Or you can download BIOS version 3.4 for your MSI P45 Neo2 motherboard by clicking below download button.

DOWNLOAD.

Well I was also experiencing the same issue and then I have tried different memory voltage and frequency but that does not make any difference. now after that I have also tried to solve issue by updating the BIOS and after doing BIOS update all the problem get solved.