PC using MSI 890FXA-GD65 with Kingwin MK 750W PSU shuts down often

Recently I have configured following things on MSI 890FXA-GD65 motherboard:
    1. AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition
    2. Kingwin MK Power (The Black Series) 750W
    3. 16gb Kingston RAM
    4. Geforce 430 GPU
    5. Two 150GB Raptor HD
    6. Two 1TB 7200 RPM HD

The system runs fine without any major issues. But after few minutes of usage it suddenly shuts down. It happens every so often. The system shows Kernel 41 errors but nothing particular about the issue. It seems to me that the issue is graphic intensive it mostly happens when playing games. First I reduced the memory clock speed and it helped me a bit but not completely. How can I resolve this?

Re: PC using MSI 890FXA-GD65 with Kingwin MK 750W PSU shuts down often

You are telling that getting shutdown during the gameplay. First of all you need to check the temps in order to make sure that whether the CPU overheating or not. Make sure that you have mounted heatsink on the CPU properly and also ensure that it is making a good contact with CPU surface. Also do not put too much thermal paste over it. You can check the temps using BIOS or other utilities.

You can check the temps but do not use the BIOS temp monitor. They might not show you the accurate result. The issue may occur sporadically and usually when doing something intensive. Is there any way, you can re-produce so to test again.

The problem may be producing not only the temperature but you must assure that your graphics card is powerful enough for the game you want to play. If it's not supported it will not play and will therefore set the game is normal. If power is not powerful enough for your graphics card is that these will cause the pc reboot. Make sure these two things resolve the problem and also the reboot. Also make sure to turn off unessential auto-starting programs. There might be programs and services run in the back-ground which causing heavy CPU and memory usage. You have to disable those services and program manually while playing the game.

If you ever happened to you that your computer shuts down suddenly and frequently, and do not know what to do, you're probably very frustrated by this situation so uncomfortable that occurs every day so therefore quiet and all that will change now. You need to analyze the most common causes why a computer is turned off.

What causes this?

We see the five most common causes:
    • Overheating of a physical component
    • Conflicts with some new hardware or damaged
    • The operating system is infected by a virus
    • Hardware problem or error
    • Other hardware failures

Did you try the latest Graphics card driver? I hope that there might be new drivers available. Try them. Your configuration seems to be very high end and I can assume that there is probably lots of heat can be generated in your computer. You should have good ventilation along with watercooled CPU. If the system overheating much, then you will surely going to notice different kind of problems and finally it will ruin your components one by one.

• Check that the type of memory you have placed absolute skills suitable for your machine. Find the info on the site of the motherboard manufacturer, and therefore the exact type of motherboard listed.
    • How much extra memory you doing? Games would sometimes not able to deal with such amount.
    • Try BIOS settings to "default" if they are not there already.
    • Make SURE that your latest graphics card drivers installed. Take it for a moment.
    • Is the way of crash / recovery always the same?