Thread: How to register my HDD in MSI 870A-G54 BIOS

How to register my HDD in MSI 870A-G54 BIOS

Just installed the MSI 870A-G54. The problem is it cannot find my HD in the bios. During the first boot up, the HD didn’t spin up. To get it work again I need to restart the computer and then it shows up and it will work fine. I couldn’t able to find workaround for this. Even I have tried the different power cables, SATA Cables etc. Also flashed the bios with newest version. What could be the issue?
    • AMD Phenom x 4 925
    • 8GB 1033 DDR3
    • GeForce GTX 570
    • Rosewill Green Series RG630-S12 630W
    • SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB

Re: How to register my HDD in MSI 870A-G54 BIOS

You have to adjust the times for the memory command rate to 2T manually (at present is set to 1T). You can find the setting in Cell Menu under "Advance DRAM Configuration".

I heard that the Infinity Tool is indeed included in many current BIOS versions. Is also very simple to use, simply select as first boot and then restart the computer with it. In Windows 7 installation menu, you can have the 3TB drive as an installation medium menu. But your BS is indeed on the SSD. So if the BIOS (EFI) is missing, there is probably no other way by the board manufacturer. May provide the board manufacturer to something else. Look in Disk Management of Windows. You may be missing "only" the EV-letter assignment.

You have told that you are using the SAMSUNG spinpoint HDD. The fact is for those of you that don't know, Seagate now owns Samsung. There is a firmware update for following models which you can try to solve the problem.

For HDD models - HD323HJ / HD502HJ / HD503HI / HD103SJ / HD105SI

The problem is that the motherboard cannot recognize the disk when it is Sata (+ connections). So it just the component itself on the motherboard at Sata ports or a problem with PCB cannot have it repaired. Now if you have a SATA hard drive, to connect to the motherboard, you have to buy a PCI] SATA adapter, if your motherboard has a PCI slot. You connect to your motherboard you will find on the net for the drivers of the PCI card, you install them and then you connect your HDD to the PCI card on the SATA port. Logically and SATA hard drive is recognized by your using this PCI card.

Your motherboard may have a different SATA ports. In the BIOS you have two entries for SATA controller in "Integrated Peripherals". Once the "Internal SATA controller" and later "External SATA controller." The SATA ports 1 and 2 are the ones who are called "integrated" because the VT8237, which somehow is not clear at the appropriate location in the manual, the South Bridge itself. The other two ports are connected logically to the VT6420, a mere additional controller chip, which only provides SATA and IDE (external). You need a driver for the SATA controller because hard drives themselves have no drivers. And YOU have to install the driver only if you want to boot from the corresponding plate, or if you can find in device manager one device without a driver.

Make sure the jumper ( rider ) to configure your hard drive as master / slave is always present and in the ideal position.

The IDE cables are very stiff. It is possible that the son will be bent and then broken if they are mismatched. In this case, try another IDE cable. In the same vein, try to connect your hard drive to another outlet.

If everything is OK from that point of view, there may, in some Bios, a command IDE HDD AUTO DETECTION or AUTO DETECT HARD DISK (or similar). You can attempt this procedure if all the above maneuvers were unsuccessful.

Did you try the BIOS reset or clear CMOS? The CMOS battery that stores information about the basic configuration of your computer is dead. If the battery of your motherboard is virtually dead, change it without remorse, it will cost a few Euros. These types of batteries are, in most cases, all the same: BAT 2005 (lithium) or BAT B40 (alkaline).