Thread: Multiple problems with ASUS P5W DH Motherboard

Multiple problems with ASUS P5W DH Motherboard

Asus P5W DH board has various issues. I was going to ask a friend for a upgrade. He suggested me this board. I asked a technician about the same and found that board is not good. While surfing to internet on various forums I found that the board is already criticized by many due to several issues.

Re: Multiple problems with ASUS P5W DH Motherboard

It is correct. There are many users who has various problem because of this motherboard. The first thing that was found that some of the hardware are unresponsive on this. A setup of gpu with 2gb ram is facing wifi issue. The wireless is super slow even when a pci wifi card is attached to the board. For testing purpose I connected it to my system and it worked great. So surely the issue is with the motherboard. Contact asus support. They did not really responded on this. Anyhow some told to update the bios and I did that and still problem was stable. It is also noticed that the speed is slow related to ram performance. Even after attaching a 2Gb ram stick the system needs time to launch a app. Asus must provide some update for this. It is really not worth to buy and then re-buy a new board. It is just a waste of time and money.

That looks really awful situation. You must check before buying stuff. It happens sometime products series in the entire range is defected. And also the companies do not provide support for third party devices on the board. They will just tell that the device is either outdated or does not support the board.

I agree that there is a problem with the board. But I am not facing issue related to any kind of third party device. The issue is low performance in overclocking. I am not able to figure out why my system is so slow when I overclock it. I had run a test to figure out the issue which showed that the cpu is not really responding wisely on the clock ration. I cannot blame the processor for it. I have big fan heat-sink of the processor to give a good ventilation support. What is my advice is that whenever you go for a new motherboard the first thing you must do is check that your board should be compatible with overclocking. There should be inbuilt features for that where you can overclock your cpu from the bios itself.

Did tried to flash your bios. Run a latest update and then check. You will surely gain some performance in overclocking.

I do not think this board is meant for overclocking. What is the last cpu support on it. Better go for newer boards and processors from Intel Core i range. Processor like Intel Core i5 are well equipped for overclocking. They are stable. ASUS P5W DH is a bit older board which is good for personal desktop. You can gain a better performance by adding up some sticks of ram and a gpu. That's all. Do not overclock and spoil it.

Even core 2 duos can be overclocked. I had seen a guide on that. And ASUS P5W DH support this process. But one thing I will also agree that Intel Core i5 is a better processor if you want to go to extreme level of overclocking.