Thread: Need to overclock Gigabyte motherboard using Intel i5 processor for high frequency.

Need to overclock Gigabyte motherboard using Intel i5 processor for high frequency.

I have a Gigabyte GA Z68-UD4 motherboard using Intel i5 processor. I want to clock it up to frequency of 4.5 GHz. Can anyone suggest me about what precautions I should take for successful overclocking?

Re: Need to overclock Gigabyte motherboard using Intel i5 processor for high frequency.

Go to enhanced CPU settings and set all 4 turbos to 45x settings. Disable CPU spread spectrum and PLL overvoltage. Set CPU power limit to 120 % with LLC set to High and voltage offset and CPU dvid to +0.050 V. Set qpi/vtt on auto of 1.05v and set dram voltage to 1.35v. The RAM speed should be around 1600 MHz. Set CPU multi to value of 45 and bclk to 100. During whole overclocking process will restart many numbers of times. You shouldn’t care about it as it is normal thing about overclocking process.

Re: Need to overclock Gigabyte motherboard using Intel i5 processor for high frequency.

After overclocking, your system will not shutdown or restart properly for the first time. You will need to switch it off by disconnecting the power cord. You must wait before turning on your PC as overclocking process must have heated the internals of your system. Wait for 15 minutes for letting your system to cool down and then start your system again. In many rare cases, one might need to reset the CMOS settings. For this just pull out the CMOS battery and plug it in again.

Many people have noticed that their BIOS settings were not preserved after overclocking. This is caused due to failure of boot loop in the process. The boot loop failure problem is mostly found in motherboards of Gigabyte and no guaranteed solution to this problem has been developed. If you are thinking of flashing the BIOS setup with the new BIOS, then it won’t be useful. I have tried it many times but it never helped.

Things I have noticed when overclocking the BIOS in Gigabyte motherboards.
    1) If any error, major or minor occurs during overclocking process, flashing the BIOS using alt + f12 won’t work.
    2) When looping occurs, the CMOS battery is temporarily disabled. The passwords and account information is retained, but time will be shown of the time at which overclocking loops started.
    3) The PC might go into a loop of rebooting sometimes, but it is normal