Thread: Maxing out system using Gigabyte GA EP45-UD3P motherboard, Intel processor and 8 GB RAM

Maxing out system using Gigabyte GA EP45-UD3P motherboard, Intel processor and 8 GB RAM

I bought an Intel Q9650 processor for my system. One of my friends also has the same processor and he maxed it out using rampage formula to get 450x9 at 1.32v. It was also proved stable using LinX. I too tried the same method and had no problem getting 450x9 at 1.32v. But when I tried tightening up my system bit more, it got locked in IBT after 2 passes. I use Gigabyte GA EP45-UD3P motherboard and 8 GB RAM (2 x 4 GB). Can anyone help me to achieve the full extent till which my system can go?

Re: Maxing out system using Gigabyte GA EP45-UD3P motherboard, Intel processor and 8 GB RAM

You can try running IBT loops for stability check 3 times with conditions for high stress levels. This test might be too high for system with memory space of 8 GB. Also test your system for low VTT and MCH core if possible. Never use more than 1.18 V for MCH core for 450 and value of RAM set at 1080. Set PLL one step up with 450MHz FSB, CPU ratio 8.5 SMM 2.40B. Leave latch auto Static tRead Value 9 on both channels, you'll lower to 8 later. Try running 3 INT tests with stress level set to high. During this process, it is recommended to set Performance Enhance to standard. Also keep the advanced memory timings to auto.

Re: Maxing out system using Gigabyte GA EP45-UD3P motherboard, Intel processor and 8 GB RAM

One of the essential settings for stability are references. You must keep changing the MCH References. During this whole process you might even need to change CPU References. Lower VTT if you need to terminate CPU. But see to it that you do not lower it below 1.2 V. Try running memtest86+ before you run MCH References. This will reduce the errors that are generated during testing and ensure stability. You can try adjusting CPU references by lowering VTT time to time. Keep lowering VTT until the changes make no difference in any values.

To keep track of changes made to CPU references, set the VTT value to as low as 1.2 V. adjust the MCH references to desired values and then gradually try changing the VTT value to its original settings. At the beginning, set the CPU value at 0.76 V with VTT set at 1.2 V. For testing MCH references, try lower values first. I’d suggest you a range of 0.74-0.70. For CPU references try higher values first. After every major change in value, run memtest86+ for maintaining stability. I start the process with CPU set to ratio 8(x450) gradually progressing to 8.5.

Many times it happens that memtest fails to find and display errors. During many of my working experiences, errors were not detected by memtest at several passes. During testing, there were errors at multiplier 8, 8.5 and 9, 2.40b strap, vcore 1.3, vtt 1.2, pll 1.57 which were not detected by memtest. CPU reference .785, MCH core 1.22, MCH reference .800 was some other passes that do not work well with memtest. During processing of IBT passes, I had to ignore vcore and set CPU references to .800 to .840. Finally it passé IBT at high (2048) x10 but couldn’t be successful for values higher than this.

You can try scaling your GFlops at 4.05 GHz. You need to try this out at values 56+ or at 2 clicks higher vcore. Execute Prime95 blend for few hours, customizing it so that it to utilize all resources at full extent. You should keep record of failing FFT. You can also try ‘Round off checking’ under advanced menu. If you set max core temps of IBT at high you can easily max out your system using Rampage method at 100 MHz.

In process of maxing out a processor and motherboard; remember that the value of GFlop is always indirectly proportional to vcore. You should avoid working with GFlops with lower values as High vcore value tends to corrupt the memory of any system. I use EasyTune for clearing up the minor errors. While working with ET6, you don’t need to change the value of MCH and CPU references from its usual 1.2 V. You can do the Round Off checking using P95.

When I want to max out my system I run IBT as quick test on 5 pass setting. Then I proceed to use P95 small fft for small around 15 minutes. After this was successful, I flashed the default settings of BIOS for optimized systems. One thing you should take care of during this whole process is that,
    1) Values CPU references must not be higher than values of Vcore.
    2) cpu term voltage auto sets CPU Reference and MCH Reference.
    3) DRAM Voltage auto sets MCH/DRAM Ref and DRAM Termination.

The Large FFTs are closely related to memory bus. Sp if you are working on FFTs, sometimes you might encounter problems that don’t let you access memory of your system. To tackle this problem you can lower the CPU ratio. Lowering the CPU ratio results in wider CPU cycles. This assists the GTL for a longer period of time. Vcore can also help you tackle such problems.