Thread: GIGABYTE GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 booting very slow

GIGABYTE GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 booting very slow

hi guys

my system take as 6min plus to boot . when it reach to the windows logo screen while booting this problem starts . the booting process stuck and then before that at a black screen with a blinking cursor shows up and the screens remain this way till 2 to 4 mins . and after display the windows logo display but the logo do not start to emerge for about 1-4 minutes and once the logo shows up then everything is working fine form there . this can be seen only when system is shut down and start again but of the system is restarted then it don’t cause this problem. Any modification on the bios boot fine for the first time after that same issue again. Is it because it's similar to a restart. Is this causing because of the low psu max rating at 160W, well I know that I am fortunate that I didn’t toasted anything or perhaps i did and that's what going wrong. So now I am having the 700W psu now but still the same problem please any one here can help me on this I will be really appreciating that .

thanks in advance

Re: GIGABYTE GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 booting very slow

Can you tell me which HDD do you have SATA or the SATA 2 . are you running it on the raid mode. If you have the SATA the it could be the problem as I am getting 30secs with caching. Just use the intel port , Intel sata 3 for the SSD and Intel SATA 2 for the HDD , also turn off the marvell ports if not required it will better your bootup time. Hopes this will help

Well my hard drive Samsung model hd080hj so you can say it’s a SATA 2 and I am running it trough the RAID mode for the cache effect of the ssd. .i have checked the both the sata 3 ports and shifted to the hdd on the sata 2 port. But it just started fast the first time however now again back to where it was that is slow boot as i tried to start again .I'm not certain what marvell ports is or where to turn them off.

Well that you will be found on the bios some place in the marvell sata and perhaps in the jbm storage and I have turnoff as I don’t use it . also I suggest you to installed the intel rst drivers that will also help you to some extent , that it can see any other issue that might causing this see if stopping pll overvoltage helps, if not just enable it again .

I suggest that you should remove all the USB devices do you have connected that is hubs, media readers, printers and all , try booting after that and see if that will going to help you . and if that works then go to the bios and then disable the Legacy USB Storage Or Legacy USB Detect and connect every USB devices once more and check. If its still slow then remove all the USB device and try booting one device at a time to see if and usb drive causing this .

Can you tell me is this is a clean windows installation and if it not then how old it is and did you tested the clean install in it . looks as if this is the operating system issue or may be the driver or programs creating this issue . I strongly believe this is the main issue as appears to be slowing down when the BIOS has previously handed the board to windows. But then reboots works okay after using windows its looks to be USB issue as mention by the above poster .

Do the memory test for about at least 10 to 15 full passes or the overnight and you can do that with the help of the memtest86+ may be that will help you to get solving the issue .

So took you advice and turned off the legacy USB detect and then unplugged the external hdd as well as printer then started my computer like 6 times each and every time the same result fast boots ups. Then I plugged the external HDD back again it’s still running fast so I am guessing this is because of the still running fast. Thanks guys I really appreciate your afford