Thread: Keyboard and mouse stopped working and unable to get in to BIOS with Gigabyte GA-X58A-UR3R

Keyboard and mouse stopped working and unable to get in to BIOS with Gigabyte GA-X58A-UR3R

My computer has suddenly started giving me problem. in my computer I have Gigabyte GA-X58A-UR3R motherboard and all the things were working properly. Suddenly Mouse and keyboard has stopped working and when I restart my computer and try to get in to the BIOS but I was not able to do that because keyboard is not working. I have USB keyboard and mouse. Please let me know what should I do to solve this problem?

Re: Keyboard and mouse stopped working and unable to get in to BIOS with Gigabyte GA-X58A-UR3R

You have mentioned that you have USB key board and mouse and that is why I will suggest you first basic solution. You should connect your keyboard and mouse with different USB ports and then start your computer. After that check whether your problem get solved or not?

Re: Keyboard and mouse stopped working and unable to get in to BIOS with Gigabyte GA-X58A-UR3R

After reading your problem I would like to tell you that you should connect PS2 keyboard/mouse with your computer and then restart your computer. After restarting the computer you have to check whether keyboard is working or not? if your keyboard works after that then you have to Go to the BIOS setting. Now after getting in to the BIOS setting you have to check whether your USB legacy devices are set to enabled or not? if it is not set to enable then first set it enable and after that save that setting and restart the system. now after that plug your mouse and keyboard again and then check whether it is working properly or not?

Most of the time this problem occurs if USB legacy devices is disabled in the BIOS and after trying above solution you can fix this problem. I hope this information will be helpful for you.

Yes I was also having similar problem with my system and first I thought that problem is with the USB port but after connecting my keyboard and mouse with different USB port also I was having same issue. Now after that I came to know that I have to enable USB legacy devices and after that I have enabled it by connecting PS2 keyboard and then problem get solved. you can also try this solution.

I have connected PS2 keyboard with my motherboard and after that I have checked BIOS setting but USB legacy devices was enabled there. in my computer I am using latest BIOS and I have also try to fix this solution by loading default setting with no luck. Is there any other way to solve this problem?

If after trying above solution also if you are facing same problem then there might be problem with your motherboard. I will suggest you to contact Gigabyte support and tell them about your problem and after that they will provide you proper solution regarding this.