Thread: Need help with BIOS for Gigabyte GA-M68MT-S2 Revision 3.1 motherboard

Need help with BIOS for Gigabyte GA-M68MT-S2 Revision 3.1 motherboard

My new system is having Gigabyte GA-M68MT-S2 Revision 3.1 motherboard and I have tried updating the bios and have downloaded update from the GIGABYE site but then I am not able unzip the same and it is asking me to pick up a program for opening it but then I don’t have any idea about the same, is there anyone who can help me out?

Re: Need help with BIOS for Gigabyte GA-M68MT-S2 Revision 3.1 motherboard

My new system is having Gigabyte GA-M68MT-S2 Revision 3.1 motherboard and I have tried updating the bios and have downloaded update from the GIGABYE site but then I am not able unzip the same and it is asking me to pick up a program for opening it but then I don’t have any idea about the same, is there anyone who can help me out?
    I think that you might not be having winrar so better get that first and then extract the same and then you will get the exe file and then you can browse to the same for updating the bios. Just try it out the same and then let me know if the issue is getting solved or not.

I have a better idea for you, just add the BIOS file on an usbflash-drive and after that reboot the machine and after that during the boot up just hold tap the delete key in order to go in to the bios, if you want then you can check out for some guide for flashing the bios using usb. Just check it out and see if it is helping. I also wanted to know that why there is a need to update the bios as you have mentioned that you have mentioned you are having a new system?? Is there any specific reason for it???

Yes the system is new and I am willing to update the bios as I was not able to play games on steam and my friends said that a will fix that out, actually I was playing total war shogun 2 and it used to get stuck at the splash screen and when I searched on the web for the same issue then I found some mentioning that it is related to the bios as well. Anyways I just wanted to know that can I use the updated bios of some other machine to mine?? Any further help for the same will be highly appreciated.

I really won’t suggest you to try out that because there are possibilities of bricking the bios if you use updated bios of some other motherboard to yours. Better try out the usb method that I have mentioned and what about the winrar?? Have you tried using it???