Thread: Getting Mass Storage Controller error with Asus P5AD2-E Deluxe Motherboard

Getting Mass Storage Controller error with Asus P5AD2-E Deluxe Motherboard

I owe my system from last 4 years. It has an Asus P5AD2-E Deluxe Motherboard with Intel ICH6 Chipset. Initially I had windows XP running in it without any issue. But then too I uninstalled the OS and then installed the latest window 7 which later on started giving me problems.

After I did the installation I found that that there was a yellow triangle for the Mass Storage Controller with error code 28, saying driver not installed. And when i try to plug any external drive into a USB port I again get some message saying “driver not responding”. I am damn sure that the there is something wrong with the Mass storage controller error. Also i would like to tell that the system is not completely stable until I remove the external drive. Can anyone help?

Re: Getting Mass Storage Controller error with Asus P5AD2-E Deluxe Motherboard

Hey I guess Asus no more supports or offers any USB drivers for all the windows OS other than Windows XP. I would better suggest you to contact the Asus Customer support and then ask them regarding the problem. And also if possible clear the doubt regarding the USB driver compatibility with the windows OS. Not sure but maybe the can provide you with the link to the drivers from the controller chips directly to you. Just try it out. You can either contact the customer support online or through phone.

Re: Getting Mass Storage Controller error with Asus P5AD2-E Deluxe Motherboard

Hey I have a good suggestion for you. I have already tried it, you can try to install the XP drive into your system. I know it sounds strange and funny that this did work in my machine. But make sure that you install those drives which are not working or getting installed in windows 7. Try it out and let me know the result.

Other than this also I would tell you that I already mailed the Asus support regarding this issue hundreds of time but I would only receive one reply from their side saying that they are looking into the issue, but don’t know from when they are looking into it. I guess they have still not come up with the proper solution and the main cause of the issue. I actually found the solution of using the XP drivers instead of any other drivers was from some other forum and not from the support center.