Thread: ASUS M5A88-V EVO motherboard: A complete failure?

ASUS M5A88-V EVO motherboard: A complete failure?

Currently I have started using the ASUS M5A88-V EVO motherboard. I bought this because it has USB 3.0 and compatible for AMD Phenom II Black Edition Thuban X6 1100T 3.3GHz on a 3.7GHz AM3 Socket. However I have tested this motherboard with different processors and graphics card with different setups and every time I noticed different problems. The system was keep showing errors and unstable at every moment. Most of the errors are thrown by an exception handler.

Re: ASUS M5A88-V EVO motherboard: A complete failure?

If you are really gets much annoying and compatibility related problem with the Asus M5A88-V-EVO motherboard, then I urge you to install the BIOS 1001. Other than this also make sure that SIMMS being correctly inserted. You can take them out and put back in properly. Also check all the BIOS parameters. Update all the necessary drivers to the latest version.

The Asus support says I should install Windows again in AHCI mode. Is it enough to layer a backup or really need to install everything again?

I'll probably resorted network with an external PCI card.

I don’t think that the BIOS and Windows has do something with your issue. As far as I know that this is a mid range motherboard and I don’t think that it is compatible with all modern processors and high speed RAM modules. Before configuring anything over the motherboard, you should check the compatible peripheral list. Also go through the manual and documentation provided by the Asus. The default BIOS may not be compatible with all processors. The newer version might be compatible with Sandy Bridge or Black Edition.

From the reporting of the problem the first time that has occurred (bios version 0707) the latest version of bios (version 0903) 4 months have passed. There are 3 versions of the bios and I consider it a reasonable time to solve a problem. I bought a motherboard because it offered certain features then defeated by the bios updates.