Thread: Asus P8P67 Pro Rev 3.1 is not booting

Asus P8P67 Pro Rev 3.1 is not booting

I am having Asus P8P67 Pro Rev 3.1 in my system and I am having problem in loading windows, in my case the pc is starting up fine but then I am not able to go into BIOS, I have found that it is detecting windows on my hard drive but then when Starting Windows splash screen shows up it stays like that for some seconds and then the computer restarts and this goes in to a cycling process, is there any solution that I can try out??

Re: Asus P8P67 Pro Rev 3.1 is not booting

I am having Asus P8P67 Pro Rev 3.1 in my system and I am having problem in loading windows, in my case the pc is starting up fine but then I am not able to go into BIOS, I have found that it is detecting windows on my hard drive but then when Starting Windows splash screen shows up it stays like that for some seconds and then the computer restarts and this goes in to a cycling process, is there any solution that I can try out??
    Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted to know the full specification of your system so I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing, just post it here for further help.

My system specification is as followed:
    • Windows 7 Ultimate
    • 3 Harddrives- 80GB, 160GB, 320GB respectively
    • Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Pro Rev 3.1
    • Video Card: Ati Radeon HD 5700
    • CPU: Intel Sandy Bridge 2600K
    • Ram: GSkill Ripjaw 16GB Total (4 x 4GB)

I have found a no of people having booting issues with the same motherboard but then their case was different.

Ok I also wanted to know the following:
    • Which is the operating system installed on other Hdd's??
    • Bios version?
    • Model and the Brand of the psu?

Other than this I just wanted to know that have you tried removing the HDD which is not having windows 7 on it and see if it is making any difference.

In my case one hdd(160GB) is having Windows Vista and the other hdd (320GB ) is having Windows 7 Ultimate and the 80GB is just for the extra storage. I have updated the bios recently and it is version 2103, where as the PSU is from Thermaltake Toughpower 850W. I have tried out booting only with Win7 Hdd but then when I exited the bios then it said the following:
    "Reboot and Select proper Boot Device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key".
    Later when I inserted the sata cable I was not getting the option to choose widows as well and it just kept beeping all the time.

That’s weird I wanted to know if your system is new build or it is just assembled?? Had you installed windows on this motherboard? Or have you moved any drivers and so?? Just try to re-call these things and then let me know for further help.

It is a new build and as far as I remember the HDD is not yet formatted but then was used on other machine having an older ASUS motherboard. Can that be an issue?? Other than this I have also tried copying the contents of the Windows 7 CD to a USB Drive and then making the usb drive bootable and using it with the computer but then even it did not helped and I was still getting the beeping noise, is there any other effective solution that I can try out?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

Can you tell me the pattern of the beep you are getting? I mean that it might be in patter like one short beep, 2 short but continuous beep and so, if you have not noticed it well then hear it again and then let me know the pattern of the beep you are getting, it will help me in narrowing your issue, just check it out.