Thread: Does Lenovo ThinkStation S20 has SPDIF Port

Does Lenovo ThinkStation S20 has SPDIF Port

Currently I am using HP computer but that is very old and now I am thinking to get the Lenovo ThinkStation S20. I am having the Nvidia Geforce 8500 GT graphic card in my old computer and I wish to make use of that with the Lenovo ThinkStation S20. This is having the HDMI port. To make use of this, I have to connect the Geforce with the SPDIF port on the motherboard. I want to ask that if the motherboard within a S20 is having the SPDIF port on the board? I was searching for this but not got it listed somewhere. If you have some information on this then please let me know that. Thank you.

Re: Does Lenovo ThinkStation S20 has SPDIF Port

I think that it will be better for you if you can simply make use of Fermi graphics cards along with display port as well as integrated audio codec (on Fermi). It will be better if you can do the same thing through this. You will need to have the DP to HDMI converter but that is very common these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel Reyes View Post
    I think that it will be better for you if you can simply make use of Fermi graphics cards along with display port as well as integrated audio codec (on Fermi). It will be better if you can do the same thing through this. You will need to have the DP to HDMI converter but that is very common these days.
    This is really a very good point to be considered. There are many of the desktop fermi cards which are having the HDMI on-board and because of this they are opposing the requirement for an adapter otherwise a mini-HDMI to HDMI adapter. I know that they are not supported officially with the thinkstation but there are many of the GTX 500 series cards which are having the HDMI with onboard audio. If TV output is very important for you this is the best option for you.

I would also like to tell you that if you are running the Fermi-based codec then will also reduce the chances for getting the AACS errors. AACS errors appears due to the unprotected data paths and you will get that some of the times when using the discrete card and the separate audio codec with the mobo.