Thread: Best software to test SATA HDD Controllers on the Motherboard

Best software to test SATA HDD Controllers on the Motherboard

I am having SATA HDD Controllers and I just wanted to know if there is any software that I can use to check out the heath of HDD controllers (SATA and IDE) on the motherboard, I have been checking out for the same but then have not yet found an effective software for this, is there anyone who has been using one or has an idea about such software??

Re: Best software to test SATA HDD Controllers on the Motherboard

I am having SATA HDD Controllers and I just wanted to know if there is any software that I can use to check out the heath of HDD controllers (SATA and IDE) on the motherboard, I have been checking out for the same but then have not yet found an effective software for this, is there anyone who has been using one or has an idea about such software??
    I think that something that might be supporting SMART will be a better option.

I really don’t think so because as far as I am aware almost all the motherboards nowadays are having chipsets which support S.M.A.R.T. but then I am looking for something different probably an external software tool or diagnostic device as I have mentioned which I can just attach or say connect and then check out the condition of the SATA controllers, is there anyone who is familiar with such software or device???

In that case I will like to inform you that the motherboard do not have much interaction with the SMART specification, anyways I just wanted to know that what level of detail you are expecting from the test what are you limitation and consideration so far, I also wanted to know are you willing to carry out the test for creating a new motherboard PCBs from scratch or just for the consumer sake, just answer the above question so I can have a better idea about the software that can be better for your testing.

As far as the level is concerned I am expecting it to be having two level probably a quick evaluation which will be the first level followed by a detail one for the second level, other than this my limitation is just regarding the cost of the equipment/software and consideration is the level of sophistication that it will be having , are you aware of any such equipment/software??? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.