Thread: BSOD on Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R when ATI drivers installed

BSOD on Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R when ATI drivers installed

I have installed the Radeon HD 5830 on a Gigabyte motherboard GA-X58A-UD3R. Yesterday my computer started crashing at boot. Then BSOD after windows logo displays. It only happens when I install ATI display drivers. I have tried the different version drivers but no improvement. The system boots fine with default VGA driver but with ATI drivers, it simply crashes at start up. Is it the hardware problem? How to test the graphics card? My system specs are as follows:
    • Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit
    • Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 2)
    • Intel i7 950
    • Radeon HD 5830
    • Plextor PX-128M2S (SSD)
    • 12GB 1333 DDR3 (2GB x 6)

Re: BSOD on Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R when ATI drivers installed

First of all wipe out the drivers from the system using driver wiper. After that clear the CMOS. Drain ny residual energy from PSU capacitors by disconnecting the power cable and pressing CPU case switch button. Now boot the system by loading Optimised BIOS Defaults. You have said that you have tried the different version of ATI drivers. So the issue is not about the ATI drivers. I urge to play with different BIOS settings and see which one is well-suited.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullnit View Post
    First of all wipe out the drivers from the system using driver wiper. After that clear the CMOS. Drain ny residual energy from PSU capacitors by disconnecting the power cable and pressing CPU case switch button. Now boot the system by loading Optimised BIOS Defaults. You have said that you have tried the different version of ATI drivers. So the issue is not about the ATI drivers. I urge to play with different BIOS settings and see which one is well-suited.
    I have the tried the same but the results are not good. First I made a CMOS reset as you described in your post and re-installed ATI drivers. It couldn’t let off the BSOD. I didn’t do any overclocking on any components and RAM is detecting perfectly on motherboard. What could be the issue?

Did you try to boot with different graphics card in order to check whether it is just the GPU fault or something else. Run Memtest86+ to check the RAM modules individually. You have 2 RAM modules right. First insert one stick and run Memtest for at least 10 complete loops/cycles. If you don’t find any errors, then check the other one in the same manner. If you get any error, you need to replace that module.

It seems to me that you have double installed the drivers and due to this BSOD is appearing. If you have installed drivers twice for your graphics card, it can cause the system unable to notice which driver is compatible and run. To check the drivers list, go to the device manager. If there 2 drivers listed, disable one and now see if it is working properly.