Thread: Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3 H61 shows BSOD at boot up

Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3 H61 shows BSOD at boot up

My system can POST fine and I can access BIOS. The problem starts when booting. I tried to boot with windows XP as well as Windows 7. The OS is installed on OCZ SSD. I am getting BSOD at the start of boot process. The windows flag begins but then just BSOD. Even I boot from USB drive without SSD, I am getting BSOD at the same spot. The BIOS to AHCI because it does not work with IDE. I already cleared the CMOS using jumper and loaded the BIOS optimized defaults. No solution yet. Is there any other cause?

Re: Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3 H61 shows BSOD at boot up

I am not sure about it but it might be possible that, the RAM you are using could be incompatible or damaged. You can easily check them. But in your case you are using SSD drives, those incompatible could also lead to problem. I have heard that several OCZ SSDs were incompatible with Gigabyte motherboards and causing minor problems. For that you need to get the latest firmware which contain compatibility thing. But before that I urge you to run Memtest86+.

Do you remember when you have installed the CPU on socket. Did you put the thermal paste over the CPU while installing the heatsink on it? I urge you to verify it once. If not, try to install once again in a proper manner. It is necessary to configure CPU perfectly and as well the heatsink. Pressure on CPU is important since memory controller is lying on CPU. Balanced pressure is needed. If it is higher on only one side, then it is not good for system.

Recently I have updated the BIOS to F3 but still the issue remains the same. I don’t think that any drives are missing or something over the motherboard. Run the recovery module using Gigabyte motherboard CD as well the Windows Repair Utility using Original Windows Disc. I hope that the issue is not related to viruses. Some viruses can also cause BSOD.

Are you getting any kind of error messages over the Bluescreen or before system fall into BSOD? If so, then that error could help you to solve issues sometimes but there is no guarantee about that. But these errors can at lease help you to know what is causing the BSOD. When you get BSOD, Note down the error and the search the error on Google. You may get number of results along with solution also.