Thread: My GIGABYTE GA-H61M-S2-B3 Motherboard is unable to connect to Ethernet

My GIGABYTE GA-H61M-S2-B3 Motherboard is unable to connect to Ethernet

I have a motherboard of the GIGABYTE GA-H61M-S2-B3 and I am unable to get it connected with the Internet. My Operating system is Windows Xp. Could anyone tell me what is the problem? I want to have a connection to the Internet. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: My GIGABYTE GA-H61M-S2-B3 Motherboard is unable to connect to Ethernet

I would probably tell you that you should test all the connections of the Motherboard and try to reload the drivers of your motherboard again. I have done the same thi9ng and I was able to connect it to the Internet. Better luck for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ADELYN View Post
    I would probably tell you that you should test all the connections of the Motherboard and try to reload the drivers of your motherboard again. I have done the same thi9ng and I was able to connect it to the Internet. Better luck for you.
    I have even done the testing of all the connections of the motherboard. Also I have done the installation of the drivers which were of my motherboard. Now I am in thought that there would be some problem with the port of the Motherboard and that’s the reason I am not able to connect to the Ethernet. I have also checked the connection of the cat5 cable. There was no flash of the led light there. Also the Motherboard is purchased recently around 1 month ago.

I have the Gigabyte Z68P DS3 Motherboard and I have noticed that the Ethernet connection of my board was not working so as to get the Internet connection. Its presence was also not been shown in the Device Manager. I have then done with changing the settings and also done the defaults settings to optimize the connection. After updating the BIOS setup the problem was solved and then the Ethernet connection was able to work with my Motherboard.

One of my cousins was having this problem that the Ethernet was not able to get the connection. I have told him to change the settings and then try to check but it was not giving the results. Also the Port of the Ethernet was not able to show any kind of the green or the orange light in the Motherboard. After installation process of the drivers of the Realtek the Ethernet went to the sleep mode. Finally the problem was encountered to be in the port. I told him to replace it as the Motherboard was also old.