Thread: Will Asrock P67/Z68 are above limited requirements of Sandy Bridge Build PC

Will Asrock P67/Z68 are above limited requirements of Sandy Bridge Build PC

I am going to help my friend to build up a Sandy Bridge PC. The issue arises on some points. First he needs IDE connection on his motherboard so that he can use a Floppy drive or some old IDE drives on it. Second he also needs usb 3.0 ports on the same. Getting both of them on the same board is not really possible according to me. I have two boards in my mind Asrock P67 and Asrock Z68. Among this two none of them fits the needs but can be used right now. I want to know will this boards passes the limited requirement for Sandy Bridge Pc. Ignoring other stuff what will you recommend.

Re: Will Asrock P67/Z68 are above limited requirements of Sandy Bridge Build PC

It is not necessary that if you do not found a IDE connection on your board you will switch to any old model. There are ample of PCI IDE cars that you can buy for some buck and fix it up on the system. You can hook up your Floppy drive or hard drive on the same. There is nothing to worry much. I will recommend you to go for Asrock P67. It is a good motherboard.

Every boards differs a bit in specification. And if you are low on budget then I will not recommend you to go for any costly board. You need a usb 3.0 connection and for that you will need to look for newer version of those which has this connectivity. You cannot just ignore the usb 3.0 interface for IDE. The above solution is fine that you can go for any additional support for IDE which works mostly. That will also not cost you much. As for a Sandy Bridge system, it is recommended to choose all new and high end hardware so that you can derive maximum performance out of it.

Have a look on ASRock Fatal1ty P67 Performance LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel or ASRock Fatal1ty P67 PROFESSIONAL (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0. Both are nice boards with support you need except IDE support. Todays boards are discontinued with the interface but you can try any additional device for that. It is good to have a floppy drive in a system, but todays DVD drives had become more portable with the bios update and flashing stuff. I do not understand why are you looking for floppy ide support, while for hard drive you can simply use IDE to Sata convertor, or just hook up the drives on a external bay and use them as your external usb drives.