Thread: Which different microATX Z68 motherboard is good for Intel Core i5-2500 processor?

question Which different microATX Z68 motherboard is good for Intel Core i5-2500 processor?

HI all, I am currently suing the motherboard of V2-M3N8200 Barebones which is of the microATX system having the processor of the AMD Phenom X3 with the 2.3 GHz and the RAM is of 4 GB DDR2. But now I am thinking that I should upgrade my system so that it would give a change to my system as well. I was thinking that which microATX Z68 motherboard would be good for i5-2500 processor? Could anyone give me the suggestions? Thanks in advance for the answers.

smile re: Which different microATX Z68 motherboard is good for Intel Core i5-2500 processor?

I am using the AsRock Z68 pro3-m lga 1155 motherboard in my system with the Intel i5-2500k processor and everything is working awesome on my system. The motherboard is not showing the problems at all.

ThumbsUp re: Which different microATX Z68 motherboard is good for Intel Core i5-2500 processor?

I am using the GIGABYTE Z68 series of the Motherboard on my system and this has the advantage of combining both the features of the H67 and the Intel P67 into a single package. This micro ATX Mobo is awesome and the cost of this is around $108. It would be more easy to give you the choice if you more elaborate and say which kind of the Mobo you would like to have for the 2500k. Thank You

question re: Which different microATX Z68 motherboard is good for Intel Core i5-2500 processor?

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie f View Post
    I am using the GIGABYTE Z68 series of the Motherboard on my system and this has the advantage of combining both the features of the H67 and the Intel P67 into a single package. This micro ATX Mobo is awesome and the cost of this is around $108. It would be more easy to give you the choice if you more elaborate and say which kind of the Mobo you would like to have for the 2500k. Thank You
    Yes, my choice for the motherboard is of the following:

• The Mobo should be of the Micro ATX.
    • It should be of the Z68
    • It should have a PCIe slot that would not block the 16x slot Card.
    • The mobo should have the 4x slots for the DDR3 RAM.

I don’t require the support of the IDE. It should be a good Mobo instead. Also I forgot that my budget is around $130.

star re: Which different microATX Z68 motherboard is good for Intel Core i5-2500 processor?

The MSI Z68MA-G45 would be the best option for you then because I am too using this motherboard on the i5 processor and It works very good. This is a Intel Motherboard of the Micro ATX and also has the UEFI BIOS. The price of this mobo is around the 118$ which is merely in your budget. If you like you can go with this also.

idea re: Which different microATX Z68 motherboard is good for Intel Core i5-2500 processor?

I am too using the motherboard of the Gigabyte and I have found that this is a clean mobo with no problems. I think you would also be able to use the PCIe slot that would not block the 16x slot Card.
    But if your intentions is to use the mobo that should have the 4x slots for the DDR3 RAM then you should think a bit. You would probably have to go with the RAM that is low profile or to clear the stick you would have to slide the fan up to the 3 inches on the basis of how your RAM is.

Exclamation re: Which different microATX Z68 motherboard is good for Intel Core i5-2500 processor?

Quote Originally Posted by crook View Post
    I am too using the motherboard of the Gigabyte and I have found that this is a clean mobo with no problems. I think you would also be able to use the PCIe slot that would not block the 16x slot Card.
    But if your intentions is to use the mobo that should have the 4x slots for the DDR3 RAM then you should think a bit. You would probably have to go with the RAM that is low profile or to clear the stick you would have to slide the fan up to the 3 inches on the basis of how your RAM is.
    This suggestion was useful. On my system I was trying to do this but the length was tall and it was not possible with a 4x RAM. Also I have seen that the Asrock and the MSi mobos do not provide the more spacing between the RAM and the processor. Also taking all the other things into the considerations the AsRock and the Gigabyte has more reviews than the MSi Motherboards. So, I probably think I would go with the ASRock Z68M/USB3 LGA 1155 Motherboard. What do you think guys?

re: Which different microATX Z68 motherboard is good for Intel Core i5-2500 processor?

Quote Originally Posted by crook View Post
    I think there is only a little problem with the Gigabyte boards else it is really a good board. If you have installed it then you don’t have to worry. Only the problem comes when you decide to remove the RAM outside. I have inserted the two RAM sticks on my Gigabyte motherboard. The Board is really good in all other aspects.

re: Which different microATX Z68 motherboard is good for Intel Core i5-2500 processor?

You will have to probably run the sound card against the dual slot of the graphic cards if you are thinking to go with the above motherboards and also to do this you will have to use the PCIe x8 to drop down the graphic card which you don’t want to do. There are also some boards that will provide the max slots and this would be done by the separation of the two cards and also not leaving the x16 for the graphic card. The x16 and the x4 are the two slots that are configured.

smile re: Which different microATX Z68 motherboard is good for Intel Core i5-2500 processor?

I have been using the Asrock Z68m/usb3 motherboard on my system and it works fine. The only thing is that the mobo is having only 2 * 240 pin that is two memory slots. The core i5 works awesome on it as the motherboard is not having the VRM heat sinks and that is the reason why I am able to chase the over-clocking for high rate. The price is around $85.